+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When I should create my express entry profile?

Apr 26, 2022
Hello Everyone!

In 1st november I'll complete my 52 weeks of full time work to apply for the CEC. Should I create my profle 2 month before (1st september) to get the ITA?

On the other hand, my current work permit expires in 1st october. I talked to an immigrant consultant and she said I could request an implied status 1 week before my work permit expires and I can continue working. She said the hours that I'll work during under the implied status they will count for the CEC. Is this true? My current visa is young professional (Closed work permit).

Do I need to apply for the implied status with more antelation?

Thank you in advance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Everyone!

In 1st november I'll complete my 52 weeks of full time work to apply for the CEC. Should I create my profle 2 month before (1st september) to get the ITA?

On the other hand, my current work permit expires in 1st october. I talked to an immigrant consultant and she said I could request an implied status 1 week before my work permit expires and I can continue working. She said the hours that I'll work during under the implied status they will count for the CEC. Is this true? My current visa is young professional (Closed work permit).

Do I need to apply for the implied status with more antelation?

Thank you in advance!
You can certainly create your profile earlier. If you get ITA, then make sure you don't submit your complete application until you have the full 52 weeks of work experience.

How is your consultant suggesting that you apply for the extension to get implied status? Is she suggesting that you apply for a BOWP before you have ITA and have submitted your application? Or is she suggesting something else?

If you apply for an extension but don't qualify for one and IRCC rejects the application, then in some circumstances the implied status doesn't count and then you cannot use the time worked under implied status towards any PR program. The fact that your YP work permit expires before you have the 1 year of work experience is a bit problematic.

How many points do you have under EE?

Do you qualify for another IEC? Which country are you from?

Apr 26, 2022
You can certainly create your profile earlier. If you get ITA, then make sure you don't submit your complete application until you have the full 52 weeks of work experience.

How is your consultant suggesting that you apply for the extension to get implied status? Is she suggesting that you apply for a BOWP before you have ITA and have submitted your application? Or is she suggesting something else?

If you apply for an extension but don't qualify for one and IRCC rejects the application, then in some circumstances the implied status doesn't count and then you cannot use the time worked under implied status towards any PR program. The fact that your YP work permit expires before you have the 1 year of work experience is a bit problematic.

How many points do you have under EE?

Do you qualify for another IEC? Which country are you from?
Thank you @scylla for answer my question!! I really appreciate it.

My consultant told me I can apply for the maintained status of my work permit (previosly called implied status) and the hours will count for the PR because I'll be working under the same conditions. I'll apply for the CEC before IRCC deny my extension unless they deny in less than a month.

I didn't pass the english test but, depens on the scores I'll have between 419-445 points.

I'm from Spain and I could apply for another young professional but I need to wait three month after my current visa expires so I'll be able to apply in 1st January. At least, I would like not to lost my work permit condition because I don't want to come back to my country...

I have another question. If I submit my CEC participacion and that is denied, Could I apply it again? For example in February.

Thank you!

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
Thank you @scylla for answer my question!! I really appreciate it.

My consultant told me I can apply for the maintained status of my work permit (previosly called implied status) and the hours will count for the PR because I'll be working under the same conditions. I'll apply for the CEC before IRCC deny my extension unless they deny in less than a month.

I didn't pass the english test but, depens on the scores I'll have between 419-445 points.

I'm from Spain and I could apply for another young professional but I need to wait three month after my current visa expires so I'll be able to apply in 1st January. At least, I would like not to lost my work permit condition because I don't want to come back to my country...

I have another question. If I submit my CEC participacion and that is denied, Could I apply it again? For example in February.

Thank you!
You can apply for CEC again if it’s denied as long as you are not found inadmissible yeah, but with 419-445 points the chances of getting invited anytime soon (before end of 2023) is very low, you may want to consider other programs like PNP