+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

when does citizenship ceremony status get updated after everything else is completed?

kadjajsd

Star Member
May 3, 2020
im talking about the online tracker

everything in my application is 'completed' as of Oct 31. Citizenship ceremony still showing as 'not started'.

Is it normal? anyone else in this situation?

dungle87

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Saskatchewan

everything in my application is 'completed' as of Oct 31. Citizenship ceremony still showing as 'not started'.

With me Online app - everything is completed September 23 and Citizenship ceremony still showing as not started.
So I don't think they will have a timeline for all, some are fast and some will have to wait :(

kadjajsd

Star Member
May 3, 2020
With me Online app - everything is completed September 23 and Citizenship ceremony still showing as not started.
So I don't think they will have a timeline for all, some are fast and some will have to wait :(
wow september 23 is a long time man, when was your AOR?

Acorn450

Star Member
Jun 1, 2022
Almost same timeline for me- everything marked completed except for oath on Nov 3, oath not started.

I am expecting a few months wait at least- but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Doom__V

May 6, 2018

This is that what is called “Decision Made”

next step is when you will be scheduled for oath, the oath will be marked as in progress and completed few days after you take the oath

kadjajsd

Star Member
May 3, 2020
This is that what is called “Decision Made”

next step is when you will be scheduled for oath, the oath will be marked as in progress and completed few days after you take the oath
yes but how you know if decision made is positive or negative? lol

kadjajsd

Star Member
May 3, 2020
Almost same timeline for me- everything marked completed except for oath on Nov 3, oath not started.

I am expecting a few months wait at least- but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.
why few months though? if they already make a decision why they need few more months?

kooer

Jun 8, 2016
why few months though? if they already make a decision why they need few more months?
Because you are one of hundreds of thousands of applicants to schedule in my friend.... some people started their application process in 2019 and aren't at this stage yet thanks to COVID and the rusty, slow turning wheels of the process so just hang on in there and don't question it as there really is no rhyme nor reason to the timelines of some vs others.

it may put into context knowing that there are less than 10 Citizenship Judges who can preside over the oath ceremony in the whole of Canada...... so not even one per province/territory.

Reactions: Acorn450

anumantra

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
My application showed decision made on Aug 10. But i got email for oath in sept end for oath in oct mid. So yeah it takes time and every case is very different in terms of timeline. One issue is when file is shifted to a different office. That's what happened in my case.

kadjajsd

Star Member
May 3, 2020
Because you are one of hundreds of thousands of applicants to schedule in my friend.... some people started their application process in 2019 and aren't at this stage yet thanks to COVID and the rusty, slow turning wheels of the process so just hang on in there and don't question it as there really is no rhyme nor reason to the timelines of some vs others.

it may put into context knowing that there are less than 10 Citizenship Judges who can preside over the oath ceremony in the whole of Canada...... so not even one per province/territory.
Only 10? WOW

Acorn450

Star Member
Jun 1, 2022
My application showed decision made on Aug 10. But i got email for oath in sept end for oath in oct mid. So yeah it takes time and every case is very different in terms of timeline. One issue is when file is shifted to a different office. That's what happened in my case.
My file got moved as well. Just curious- did your oath invite come from the original office or the one it was moved to?