+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

when do they start processing

Misria

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
canda montreal
I would like to know if the embassy always sends a letter or email to say that they started processing the file because the file has been sent from Toronto to Cairo July 3, it has been 2 months and a half, the file is complete, with medical report and police report so I don't understand why they say that they did not start processing it. Anyways, that is what the email said when I wrote to the embassy in Cairo. Is it normal that it should take over 2 months without even looking at the file? Is it just standing there? Can we do anything to make it faster?

Thanks for your replies.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Judging from the Egypt thread, it looks like they begin processing the file about 1 1/2 to 2 months after they receive it. Have you checked ECAS? That's probably the only way you will know when they open it. Your spouse will also receive an Acknowledgement of Receipt letter.

You might also want to check out www.trackitt.com which will give you a good idea of how long each part of the process took for others going through that embassy.

Misria

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
canda montreal
Thanks for the reply. Yes I've check ecas and nothing had changed. They received the file since almost 2 months and half now that is why I am wondering what the heck is going on.

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Misria,

most of us waited 6-8 weeks, and in some cases more time for them to start processing. In my case, I was approved on April 8th in Canada, and the file was sent sometime between then and May 28th, when they started processing our file. I know that embassy uses diplomatic couriers to transport the files from Canada to the respective visa offices - so it's a matter of when there will be a diplomat going to that city.

It was suggested to me that if I didn't see my E-cas update within 6-8 weeks, that I should send an email [case specific inquiry] to Cairo to see what was going on. When I did that, they replied stating that they had not yet received my file in their email on May 20th - however a week later, our E-cas updated to reflect that our file was in process.

As rj suggested, in reading the Egypt thread, you will see everyone went through the same thing. The file sits for a while before actually being assigned to an I/O - and with 185,000 cases going through the visa office in Cairo, and only 5 Immigration Officers processing those files - it's quite busy!

I would suggest a case specific inquiry if you are at the 6-8 week mark, to inquire on its status.

Good Luck.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Rasha, where did you find those stats about the number of files being processed through Cairo? I would love to look that up for Rabat! Thanks!