+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When did you submit your criminal record

pj11

Star Member
Apr 6, 2014
StayinCanada said:
with all application materials or you do it until they ask for?
which one is better?
You can send it with the application. If you don't have it at the moment..I would suggest to send it later on cuz there is no point of wasting time

StayinCanada

Jun 26, 2014
pj11 said:
You can send it with the application. If you don't have it at the moment..I would suggest to send it later on cuz there is no point of wasting time
thanks. I have been lived in china couple years ago. and i got a criminal record early this year from china. Do you think this one still available for the application or i have to get a new one issued within half year?

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
^You guys with "criminal records" have to be careful. For instance, what kind of crime is in your record as this may make you inadmissible?

I assume you mean the Police Certificate....it's different from a criminal record.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
StayinCanada said:
thanks. I have been lived in china couple years ago. and i got a criminal record early this year from china. Do you think this one still available for the application or i have to get a new one issued within half year?
Hi,
the Police Certificate shouldn't be older than 3 months at the time of submitting your PR application. But you can try to submit yours and wait if you get a request for the new one or not.

octadag

Oct 20, 2014
For what its worth, I submitted my police certificate ( not from China ) with my application on Dec 2013. My police certificate however is dated on Feb 2013 . CIC did not ask me to send an updated police certificate in my case, and I already send my passport after PPR request.