+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

when child tax benefits starts

gmohiuddin

Star Member
Dec 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
when child tax benefits starts, i have just landed can i apply child benefits. i have 2 child how much amount i will receive

please inform

KHG

Jul 10, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received at CIO 21-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
LOA dated 28-May-2014
AOR Received.
23-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
09-Feb-2015
Med's Request
23-Feb-2015
Med's Done....
10-Mar-2015.. Docs sent to LVo via fedex, received on March 30 2015
Interview........
Decision Made: 17-June-15
Passport Req..
Request received: 10-June-15; passports sent: 12-June-15
VISA ISSUED...
22-June-2015
LANDED..........
19-Aug-2015
u get $350 per child hats awl i know..
further chk out the site abt how to apply :)
good luck

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gmohiuddin said:
when child tax benefits starts, i have just landed can i apply child benefits. i have 2 child how much amount i will receive

please inform
It depends upon your income bracket and also which province you are in. Like in Ontario maximum is CAD 500 per child if you fall below Low income bracket

at9459

May 30, 2009
rocky272727 said:
It depends upon your income bracket and also which province you are in. Like in Ontario maximum is CAD 500 per child if you fall below Low income bracket
is it per month ?

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gmohiuddin said:

please inform
You can start the process from day one, you will need SIN number and bank account details. Main applicant is mother of child, so she she should have joint bank account with you. If is aprox 224 CAD per child per month if your income is less than 20000 per year.
The applicant for applying it - you will get when you land or when you visit the office of service canada. Take copy of PP's, CoPR , cancelled cheque, copy of SIN Card with you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

explorer101 said:
You can start the process from day one, you will need SIN number and bank account details. Main applicant is mother of child, so she she should have joint bank account with you. If is aprox 224 CAD per child per month if your income is less than 20000 per year.
The applicant for applying it - you will get when you land or when you visit the office of service canada. Take copy of PP's, CoPR , cancelled cheque, copy of SIN Card with you.
Should read the instructions here: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/bnfts/cctb/fq_qlfyng-eng.html Pay particular attention to the information required if you haven't filed a tax return.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gmohiuddin said:

please inform
Can I get the Canada Child Tax Benefit?
To be eligible, you must meet all the following conditions:

you must live with the child, and the child must be under the age of 18;
you must be the person who is primarily responsible for the care and upbringing of the child;
This means you are responsible for such things as supervising the child's daily activities and needs, making sure the child's medical needs are met, and arranging for child care when necessary. If there is a female parent who lives with the child, we usually consider her to be this person. However, it could be the father, a grandparent, or a guardian.
you must be a resident of Canada; and
you or your spouse or common-law partner must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a protected person, or a temporary resident who has lived in Canada for the previous 18 months, and who has a valid permit in the 19th month.

vncviewer

Sep 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
SIngapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-09
Doc's Request.
25-09-09
Nomination.....
15-12-09
AOR Received.
23-12-09
Hi, Thanks for starting this topic. I have some confusion about tax . For the first time how they calculate last year or yearly tax? is it from my native countries yearly income and tax return? Feel confuse how they calculate my net income coz may be when i will apply for child benefit i dont have job, for getting job may be need 2/3 month .

vncviewer

Sep 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
SIngapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-09
Doc's Request.
25-09-09
Nomination.....
15-12-09
AOR Received.
23-12-09
Please reply! Which income they will consider if i want to apply for child benefit from the landed day one... is it my native countries yearly income?

cherrie

Mar 3, 2010
Can one actually apply for tax credit esp when they have just landed? The main reason why they have asked us to show financial proof before moving over is to show we capable of looking after our selves for a while, even without a job and so that we dont depend on the canadian govt immediatly, which to be fair and honest i think is right.

people

Oct 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,
Thanks to OP of this thread.I am also interested in getting some info regarding this issue.

I would be landing in Alberta and come back to my present residence country(where I have a job)whereas my wife alongwith two kids(both under the age of 18) will remain there .I am going to support them financially through my out of Canada job.In that case will my wife be able to claim for child benefits.Moreover what is the minimum eligible income requirements for Alberta residents.Rocky272727,PMM and other seniors plz explain.

Thanks

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
people said:
Hi all,
Thanks to OP of this thread.I am also interested in getting some info regarding this issue.

I would be landing in Alberta and come back to my present residence country(where I have a job)whereas my wife alongwith two kids(both under the age of 18) will remain there .I am going to support them financially through my out of Canada job.In that case will my wife be able to claim for child benefits.Moreover what is the minimum eligible income requirements for Alberta residents.Rocky272727,PMM and other seniors plz explain.

Thanks
This stat might help.

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/13-551-x/13-551-x1998001-eng.pdf