+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When can you change a study program before or after entering Canada?

Raven

May 8, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I was scheduled to start class on May 05,2014 on a one year study permit with a TRV that will expire on July 31,2015. However due to personal reason i had to withdrawn from the program and the next schedule starting date for this program is September 2015 by then my TRV will expired.

I have not enter Canada as yet i am wondering if i can switch to another program staring September 2014 preferable a two year study program. Will i have any complication if i decide to take this route.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Change of Study Program before entering Canada?

Get a letter of acceptance from your next university and apply fo SP to VO in the same way as you did before. Just explain in your SOP now what happened to your first attempt.

Raven

May 8, 2014
Re: Change of Study Program before entering Canada?

Hi Regina Thanks for replying!

So i cannot switch to another program using that same study permit?

I am reading now on CIC website that you can change:

Post-secondary student

You may change your school, program and/or field of study without applying for a new study permit. You do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either. You may continue to use your study permit as long as it is valid.
If you are changing your level of study (e.g., bachelor’s to master’s), you do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either.

Raven

May 8, 2014
Re: When can you change a study before or after entering Canada?

Can someone help me to interpret when can you actually change a study program is it before or after you enter Canada?