+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When can I send courier to go retrieve my passport?

ivangelarry

Aug 21, 2018
I'm from Cameroon. I applied for Canadian visit visa on the 25th of July online. It was approved on the 31st and requested I send my passport. My passport was in UK at the immigrations office so it took a little while before I could send to the Canadian Embassy at Dakar, Senegal. I sent my passport together with the confirmation letter and a prepaid return ticket through dhl and it was received by embassy on August 13. August 15 I had a new entry(counterfoil). The staff at dhl told me to call them when my passport is ready for pick up so they can go and pick it up. Since the last update on August 15, I've not had any other update. I'm a little bit worried as I've booked my flight for Monday 27th, August. My talk is happening on the 30th of August in Vancouver. I have sent an email to the embassy but only got an automated response. Should I call dhl to go pick up my passport? DHL took 3 days to get my passport to Dakar and I'm a little worried I may have to cancel my trip.

Babaac

Jul 28, 2014
Hello,

I just sent my passport today from Mauritania for visitor visa stamping in Dakar. I wonder how many days it took from them to stamp your passport?

Thanks in advance.

pau1a

Jun 3, 2019
Mind sharing your experience? I'm based in Cote d'Ivoire and it will be nearly a month since we transmitted out passports to Dakar. Dakar dispatched it on May 28, 2019 and today is June 3. We're flying on the 16th but we need our passport for another visa application. It's a ridiculously long wait.