+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When applying citezenship

baba2010

Star Member
May 31, 2010
Hi
Quick question plz help
I am planing to submit my citizenship application in end of the month..their is one visa and pair of entry and exit stamps in other language so do we need to send translation at this point?
2. Is it really bad idea to submit extra proves or copies of passport showing stamp at this point? Mean only applying not requested by CiC.
Thanks

May2014

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Hi
You are requested to send biographical pages/ travel documents .. Translated and affidavit .. Sobe sure to include these because they are in the gather documents checklist .. Ie all pages translated important !
Hope that was helpful

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
baba2010 said:
Hi
Quick question plz help
I am planing to submit my citizenship application in end of the month..their is one visa and pair of entry and exit stamps in other language so do we need to send translation at this point?
2. Is it really bad idea to submit extra proves or copies of passport showing stamp at this point? Mean only applying not requested by CiC.
Thanks
The recent form requires the bio pages only, not the extra pages on your passport.

There has been many threads discussing the rationale or debating the need to include extra documentation. It's all based on personal experience and opinion and none of it is based on solid requirements.
What I can tell you is that you should send the minimum needed as described by the CIC website, any application with less paperwork will be returned to you, application with more paperwork is really... Up to you!

Hope this helps

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
baba2010 said:
Hi
Quick question plz help
Thanks
1- No, it's not requested at this stage.
2-Few xtra documents is not a bad idea but tooooo many documents, it is.
Let me explain why sending passport stamps is useless. When sending copies of passport stamps you are telling CIC "Ok here is the proof I left Canada and came back on the date I declared". This is not what they need. What they're looking for is "the proof you were in Canada for 1095 days or whatever period you declared you were". Maybe you have other stamps you're not showing for now....maybe you have another travel documents you're not declaring....maybe you spent some time overseas and passport was not stamped...So, in my opinion, instead of sending proof you were outside Canada from Mar to May(stamps) one should, instead , send proof they were IN Canada from Jan to Feb and from Jun to Dec.
Hope I made myself clear.

baba2010

Star Member
May 31, 2010
Thanks for your feed back i call Cic today and they told me i dont need to send but when i call last week the other guy told me..that yes i have too :-[

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
baba2010 said:
Thanks for your feed back i call Cic today and they told me i dont need to send but when i call last week the other guy told me..that yes i have too :-[
My 2 cents.. Stick to what is written and what the forms say... Human responses are prone to mistakes! We all make mistakes... ;-)