+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When and where to take my medical exam.

satcan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
Hi,

I have my wes evaluation report to be generated on aug 17th and I have my ielts trf form ready. I am thinking to enter the draw for Aug 22nd one. I just applied for pcc from fbi and also indian pcc at the san francisco consulate (send my original passport in the packet).

I currently live near Portland, Oregon. My nearest medical center is in Seattle, when I googled the physician recommended by the cic website, it is showing as the location is closed. Did anyone recently had their exam done at Seattle and what are docs required. When should I book my medicals if the passport is required.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
Hi,

I have my wes evaluation report to be generated on aug 17th and I have my ielts trf form ready. I am thinking to enter the draw for Aug 22nd one. I just applied for pcc from fbi and also indian pcc at the san francisco consulate (send my original passport in the packet).

I currently live near Portland, Oregon. My nearest medical center is in Seattle, when I googled the physician recommended by the cic website, it is showing as the location is closed. Did anyone recently had their exam done at Seattle and what are docs required. When should I book my medicals if the passport is required.

passport is mandatory. So you should book an appointment for after the date you'd receive the passport. You should get your passport back from CGISF by the 30th day from the date they cashed your money order.
I'm not sure about the Seattle one, but since you live in Portland its really not that far from Berkeley either as compared to Seattle, and you can book an appointment with them, but do bear in mind that you'd get a date almost one month away from the day you make the call.

Reactions: satcan and hope2018

satcan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
passport is mandatory. So you should book an appointment for after the date you'd receive the passport. You should get your passport back from CGISF by the 30th day from the date they cashed your money order.
I'm not sure about the Seattle one, but since you live in Portland its really not that far from Berkeley either as compared to Seattle, and you can book an appointment with them, but do bear in mind that you'd get a date almost one month away from the day you make the call.
My docs will reach the embassy on monday aug 6th, So booking around september 10th sounds like a safe bet right?

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
My docs will reach the embassy on monday aug 6th, So booking around september 10th sounds like a safe bet right?
Nope, I wouldn't look at the date they received the docs. Call your money order provider to verify when it was cashed. that is the date I would consider the 30 day countdown from.
So in your case I don't think they would cash the money order till about the 10th or 11th of August, so 30 days from then; I would book the appointment for around the 15th of Sept just to be on the safe side.

Reactions: satcan

satcan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
Nope, I wouldn't look at the date they received the docs. Call your money order provider to verify when it was cashed. that is the date I would consider the 30 day countdown from.
So in your case I don't think they would cash the money order till about the 10th or 11th of August, so 30 days from then; I would book the appointment for around the 15th of Sept just to be on the safe side.
Will they ask anything to book the medical exam appointment.

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
Will they ask anything to book the medical exam appointment.
Just your FN and LN and yes you'd also have to pay a $50 deposit over phone to book the appointment. the remaining ($415) will be collected on the day of the exam.

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Here is your source of truth: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/medical-exams.html

The rest are:
- What will be the date you are likely to receive ITA
- What is the closed date you can book your exam.

satcan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
Just your FN and LN and yes you'd also have to pay the $50 deposit over phone to book the appointment. the remaining ($415) will be collected on the day of the exam.
Thank you for clarifying that quickly. One more question, Is there anything that I need to take care now, to submit the docs for the ITA, something like the pcc, medic exam which takes a longer time. Regarding proof of funds is it mandatory that we need to have the min amount for 6 months atleast. I have them only for couple of months, I can show more than min amount, will that be anyhelp.

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
Thank you for clarifying that quickly. One more question, Is there anything that I need to take care now, to submit the docs for the ITA, something like the pcc, medic exam which takes a longer time. Regarding proof of funds is it mandatory that we need to have the min amount for 6 months atleast. I have them only for couple of months, I can show more than min amount, will that be anyhelp.
as for POF they mainly want to verify that you actually have the funds, but as long as that is there in your account and the letter is produced in the format that CIC wants you will be fine. the average 6 months balance and things like that wont matter. the only thing you need to ensure is that if those funds were suddenly available to you, you should justify the source of those funds. In any case I would just explain whatever the scenario is in the LOE.

As for getting an ITA, you would just need to submit your EE profile and you can only do that once you have the ECA and IELTS in hand. everything else PCC, meds, POF are only needed at the time of submitting your application for PR. So yea you are headed in the right direction and with your expected CRS, it really wouldn't take that long for you to receive your AOR upon receiving your ITA.

satcan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
as for POF they mainly want to verify that you actually have the funds, but as long as that is there in your account and the letter is produced in the format that CIC wants you will be fine. the average 6 months balance and things like that wont matter. the only thing you need to ensure is that if those funds were suddenly available to you, you should justify the source of those funds. In any case I would just explain whatever the scenario is in the LOE.

As for getting an ITA, you would just need to submit your EE profile and you can only do that once you have the ECA and IELTS in hand. everything else PCC, meds, POF are only needed at the time of submitting your application for PR. So yea you are headed in the right direction and with your expected CRS, it really wouldn't take that long for you to receive your AOR upon receiving your ITA.
Thank you. I booked my medical at berkeley. Do you know whether we will be given the proof of medical exam on the same day and how many days does it take them to send the results to CIC after attending the test.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thank you. I booked my medical at berkeley. Do you know whether we will be given the proof of medical exam on the same day and how many days does it take them to send the results to CIC after attending the test.
Proof of medical exam is provided on same day by all facilities. I think medical results are sent within a week. It is all online process so it is quick.

Reactions: viki1805 and satcan

satcan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018

I just found that my money order has been on cashed on 7th itself (called WU customer service), the docs had reached on 6th. I had scheduled my medical appointment for 14th sep, can I reschedule it to sept 7th. Thank you.

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018

I just found that my money order has been on cashed on 7th itself (called WU customer service), the docs had reached on 6th. I had scheduled my medical appointment for 14th sep, can I reschedule it to sept 7th. Thank you.
Berkeley is a super busy medical center and chances are that you won’t get an earlier date right now. But you never know, go for it, you might get an earlier appointment.

satcan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
@viki1805 , I got a call from Seattle medical center today, they informed me that they can take my medical tests without the original passport and have openings around the month ending. Does taking the medical without the original passport will have any implications.

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018