+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When and how to show Settlement Funds

fkiddy12

Jul 23, 2013
Hi All,

I am having some confusion on showing settlement funds

a.How to show the settlement funds (like SB account balance + FDs *only cash right*) and how long the funds should be in the bank account for proof?

b.At what stage these funds' proofs to be shown to CIO, as per Document checklist while sending application itself we have to show the funds proofs. Is this expected or after getting file no and submitting the docs for Visa we should show these funds.?

Please help me...

grayninja2014

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkiddy12 said:
Hi All,

I am having some confusion on showing settlement funds

a.How to show the settlement funds (like SB account balance + FDs *only cash right*) and how long the funds should be in the bank account for proof?

b.At what stage these funds' proofs to be shown to CIO, as per Document checklist while sending application itself we have to show the funds proofs. Is this expected or after getting file no and submitting the docs for Visa we should show these funds.?

Please help me...
You better send it upon filing your application (together with other documents).

fkiddy12

Jul 23, 2013
Thank you, is it enough to show bank balance of SB account? Like transfer it now and after a week take account statement with balance reflecting of amount requested, attach it with the application and then transfer back the funds or should i keep them until Visa is approved?

grayninja2014

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkiddy12 said:
Thank you, is it enough to show bank balance of SB account? Like transfer it now and after a week take account statement with balance reflecting of amount requested, attach it with the application and then transfer back the funds or should i keep them until Visa is approved?
Like I always say, it's better to be on the safe side. Ideally, you should have your funds sleeping in your SB account for at least 6 months. In that way, you can convince them that it is your personal money or it's not a temporary borrowing. All declared proof of funds should be kept until you landed to Canada.

I heard some stories wherein they transferred some funds and immediately included it as part of their proof of funds. With that being said, most people I heard presented a bank certificate only, indicating the ending balances only instead of a bank statement wherein at least 3-months historical was being shown.