+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When and how often do CIC and PNP call employers?

Hanally

Jul 11, 2017
Winnipeg
Nomination.....
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
21-03-2017
Passport Req..
01-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2018
LANDED..........
18-06-2018
Hi. I hope you guys are enjoying the hot, nice summer so far.
and I wonder if someone could give me advice.

I was nominated by MPNP in Nov. 2016, and applied for PR in Jan. 2017, already. After I got nominated, I had 3 jobs. Every time I got a new job, I had to have my new employer apply for work permit and write a employment letter for me to hand in to PNP. and I took the supporting letters that I got from PNP to the border to get a new work permit.

and, a few days ago, my most recent boss gave me a 2 weeks notice. I have been fired 3 times already and quit 2 other jobs in the last 20 months, and I cannot imagine to live like this. I just feel very tired and unmotivated to find another employer and hope things will be better. I came here for PR, and I would like to start my own business once I get a PR. That's all I am looking forward to. but, I don't have close friends or families here and feel too weak to just have more hope in new employment.

Now, my question is " Would CIC or PNP find out I am unemployed?" My work permit is closed to my last(current)employer for 2 years. I have enough money to survive for 1 year or so without having income, and I have a vacation plan to go back to my country, too. and I can come back here with my work permit that is valid for another 20 months ish and I doubt my current boss would cancel.

Recently, PNP officer asked me to hand in "T4" "Bank Statement" "Pay Stub" and "Work Permit" to prove PNP office that the employment was still ongoing. and I handed in those documents just last week. I have got AOR in Mar 2017, but have not got medical request or requests for additional documents, yet.

Does that mean that there is still high chance that CIC or PNP will contact my last(current) employer? If so, in what timing, do they usually call them?
How many weeks will I be allowed to "look for a new job opportunity officially" if I tell PNP that I got fired?
How many weeks will I be allowed to stay in Canada if they find out my employment had been terminated and they want to reject my application? How do they usually inform rejected applicants to leave the country?
Would it be better to cancel the PR application and reapply to PNP from overseas if I am not interested in looking for job opportunities?

Sorry, it became a bit too long. I have read other posts and replies to them. but, just could not really find people who are feeling too down to look for new employments and trying to find a way to avoid and weave.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing from you guys,
Hanally

Last edited:

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Its hard to say because sometimes CIC will ask for a updated schedule A which you must list all your activities up to date. So if you leave the country and come back, CBSA will ask you what is your employment and can call the employer to verify then you're screwed. But that rarely happens.

Hanally

Jul 11, 2017
Winnipeg
Nomination.....
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
21-03-2017
Passport Req..
01-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2018
LANDED..........
18-06-2018
Its hard to say because sometimes CIC will ask for a updated schedule A which you must list all your activities up to date. So if you leave the country and come back, CBSA will ask you what is your employment and can call the employer to verify then you're screwed. But that rarely happens.
Thank you so much for your reply. :)
Wow, I did not think they would ask for Schedule A again. It would be a nightmare for me if they ask for it like now... :( I asked around people from my countries who live in the same area. Apparently, I am not the only one who had gone through this annoying phase in the community. and They could not find employers and get a new work permit. They went back to their country, and hoping that CIC or MPNP would not find out they were no longer working here in Canada and went back to Japan.

After being so down for a few days, I am done with being sad. I am ready to look for a job, and I have done a few now :) I will keep looking for a full time job until I find one or I get a warning letter from CIC to leave Canada.

Thank you and you have a good night!

Hanally

Jul 11, 2017
Winnipeg
Nomination.....
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
21-03-2017
Passport Req..
01-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2018
LANDED..........
18-06-2018
Just in case someone is looking for information regarding this,,,,

MPNP office has called my last employer after they received those requested additional documents. It was within 1 week. and, my MPNP officer called me yesterday. Of course he scolded at me for not letting him know that I was no longer working there. After some conversations, he decided to give me 1 month to find a new employer, get a job offer letter and send it to him.

I am not sure if MPNP had contacted CIC and put my application on hold or anything.

I found a new employer, by the way. after a few probation shifts, the boss will decide if he will keep me or not. If he will, he will write a job offer letter right away for me :) I will keep updating here :)

AABH

Sep 8, 2013

MPNP office has called my last employer after they received those requested additional documents. It was within 1 week. and, my MPNP officer called me yesterday. Of course he scolded at me for not letting him know that I was no longer working there. After some conversations, he decided to give me 1 month to find a new employer, get a job offer letter and send it to him.

I am not sure if MPNP had contacted CIC and put my application on hold or anything.

I found a new employer, by the way. after a few probation shifts, the boss will decide if he will keep me or not. If he will, he will write a job offer letter right away for me :) I will keep updating here :)
Please keep updating

Good luck with your new job :)

rickeywr

Dec 11, 2013

why did mpnp office call your last employer? You already got your mpnp nomination and aor from CIC, your file is supposed to be closed in mpnp office and in process in cic stage. what category you applied for mpnp, employer driven stream?

Hanally

Jul 11, 2017
Winnipeg
Nomination.....
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
21-03-2017
Passport Req..
01-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2018
LANDED..........
18-06-2018
why did mpnp office call your last employer? You already got your mpnp nomination and aor from CIC, your file is supposed to be closed in mpnp office and in process in cic stage. what category you applied for mpnp, employer driven stream?
After I was nominated, I changed jobs. I think that is why they asked me to submit T4, bank account detail, and such, and gave a call to my employer to confirm with them.
Yes, I applied for MPNP under skilled worker scheme. That means I have to maintain my status as a full time worker in Manitoba until I get PR.

Just like the person above replied, sometimes MPNP calls employers to see if the nominated individuals are still working. If they find out applicants are not working, they have rights to turn down the nomination.

figaro2

Jan 12, 2016
Argentina
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-01-2016
Doc's Request.
15-01-2017
Nomination.....
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
20-07-2017
Passport Req..
3 nov 2017
LANDED..........
31 01 2018
Hi
My advice is : don t lie and dont hide anything.
Try to find a new job. I think your nomination can t be cancelled? I remember that once you submit your file to entry express there is no go back... try to find on the website whay they say specificly. And call ontario or the province where you are to ask about your solutions... for the worst case scenario you will have to ask as fswd outland and they are treated in like 3 month! And allready you have your papers... don t risk a refusal !!!if you habe a whatsap we can get in touch. Please do not make a huge movie of it. Be hobest and am sure you are! You allready had 3 jobs. Find a 4 th one :)

singha5612

Feb 21, 2018
Calgary
Category........
PNP
After I was nominated, I changed jobs. I think that is why they asked me to submit T4, bank account detail, and such, and gave a call to my employer to confirm with them.
Yes, I applied for MPNP under skilled worker scheme. That means I have to maintain my status as a full time worker in Manitoba until I get PR.

Just like the person above replied, sometimes MPNP calls employers to see if the nominated individuals are still working. If they find out applicants are not working, they have rights to turn down the nomination.
Hi Hanally, I am going through the same situation as you, can you send me your phone number or email so i can get in touch with you. i would like to get some help from you and some tips on this situation.

imsayooj

Nov 5, 2019
hi, I have a question my friend got fired from his job and his pnp is still in process, what is the next step he can do ?