+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

wheelchair user work offer in Vancouver

bishoyusama

Mar 8, 2017
I am visual effects artist and i have job offer in VFX studio in Vancouver but i am wheelchair user but this doesn't affect at all i can work up to 12 hours daily i want to know
can i get the work permit and if i need a personal assistant (my mother) would she get the visa ?
thanks in advance

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bishoyusama said:
I am visual effects artist and i have job offer in VFX studio in Vancouver but i am wheelchair user but this doesn't affect at all i can work up to 12 hours daily i want to know
can i get the work permit and if i need a personal assistant (my mother) would she get the visa ?
thanks in advance
You might hit the wall of medical inadmisibility. (excessive demands).
Needing to have personal assistant can result to the excessive demand.

It is highly unlikely, that they will approve your work visa.

3) Every foreign national who must submit to a medical examination, as required under paragraph 16(2)(b) of the Act, and who seeks to enter Canada must hold a medical certificate — based on the most recent medical examination to which they were required to submit under that paragraph and which took place within the previous 12 months — that indicates that their health condition is not likely to be a danger to public health or public safety and, unless subsection 38(2) of the Act applies, is not reasonably expected to cause excessive demand.

excessive demand means

(a) a demand on health services or social services for which the anticipated costs would likely exceed average Canadian per capita health services and social services costs over a period of five consecutive years immediately following the most recent medical examination required under paragraph 16(2)(b) of the Act, unless there is evidence that significant costs are likely to be incurred beyond that period, in which case the period is no more than 10 consecutive years; or

(b) a demand on health services or social services that would add to existing waiting lists and would increase the rate of mortality and morbidity in Canada as a result of an inability to provide timely services to Canadian citizens or permanent residents. (fardeau excessif)

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/index.html

bishoyusama

Mar 8, 2017
so if the medical examination approved that i don't need personal assistant can i get the work permit ?
if yes can i be the sponsor to my mother to travel me ?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bishoyusama said:
so if the medical examination approved that i don't need personal assistant can i get the work permit ?
if yes can i be the sponsor to my mother to travel me ?
1. you cannot sponsor you mother while you are on temporary work permit. Only permanent residents or Canadian citizens can sponsor their parents and grand parents.
So you mother, would have required visitor visa.

2. Medical examination has to show that you will not cause excessive demand. That does not just mean personal assistant. They will check your current health status - usage of medicaments or other supportive utils (for example wheelchair repair or replacement, special pants, crouch....) and the cost of such per average year. If that cost can go above 6500 CAD (app. it is exactly calculated against their average health spendings), then they will reject you.

You can appeal rejection with reasonable proof. Just be aware, that it would be an upper hill battle.
And your employer would need positive LMIA on you (unless you are for some reason LMIA extempt).

bishoyusama

Mar 8, 2017
vensak said:
1. you cannot sponsor you mother while you are on temporary work permit. Only permanent residents or Canadian citizens can sponsor their parents and grand parents.
So you mother, would have required visitor visa.

2. Medical examination has to show that you will not cause excessive demand. That does not just mean personal assistant. They will check your current health status - usage of medicaments or other supportive utils (for example wheelchair repair or replacement, special pants, crouch....) and the cost of such per average year. If that cost can go above 6500 CAD (app. it is exactly calculated against their average health spendings), then they will reject you.

You can appeal rejection with reasonable proof. Just be aware, that it would be an upper hill battle.
And your employer would need positive LMIA on you (unless you are for some reason LMIA extempt).
Thanks for your speed replay
so what i understood now that if the examination reported that my needs in year don't exceed the limit i can get the visa and also my mother ?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
It's possible.

Your medical will include details about your needs. If the Dr grades you as requiring assistance then the medical officer will assess you against being a danger to the public (not in this instance) and excessive demand.

If you require too much assistance (your mothers help is not a solution) or your costs are too high, you will be rejected.

You can obtain a work visa if this is approved. It is unlikely you will ever be able to sponsor your mother IF you ever get PR as you have to prove you can support them, which you cannot.

bishoyusama

Mar 8, 2017
kryt0n said:
It's possible.

Your medical will include details about your needs. If the Dr grades you as requiring assistance then the medical officer will assess you against being a danger to the public (not in this instance) and excessive demand.

If you require too much assistance (your mothers help is not a solution) or your costs are too high, you will be rejected.

You can obtain a work visa if this is approved. It is unlikely you will ever be able to sponsor your mother IF you ever get PR as you have to prove you can support them, which you cannot.
sorry for my slow understanding ;D
but can you please explain this line to me
"If the Dr grades you as requiring assistance then the medical officer will assess you against being a danger to the public (not in this instance) and excessive demand"
??

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
bishoyusama said:
sorry for my slow understanding ;D
but can you please explain this line to me
"If the Dr grades you as requiring assistance then the medical officer will assess you against being a danger to the public (not in this instance) and excessive demand"
??
Your medical is sent by the Dr to the Visa Medical Officer at CIC.

It is the Visa officers decision which counts. Your Dr would have included in his notes details about your disability and whether or not you may need assistance. The Officer will read these notes and assess you based on:
- whether you are a danger to the public
- whether you will be an excessive demand to healthcare

The danger to the public relates to people who may have had schizophrenia in the past and may hurt people or someone who has HIV that they could pass on. This does not apply to you I believe.

The excessive demand means whether or not you will require assistance (which you do) and if your healthcare costs are more than $6500 a year. If you require assistance that will cost more than $6500, you will be inadmissible.

bishoyusama

Mar 8, 2017
kryt0n said:
Your medical is sent by the Dr to the Visa Medical Officer at CIC.

It is the Visa officers decision which counts. Your Dr would have included in his notes details about your disability and whether or not you may need assistance. The Officer will read these notes and assess you based on:
- whether you are a danger to the public
- whether you will be an excessive demand to healthcare

The danger to the public relates to people who may have had schizophrenia in the past and may hurt people or someone who has HIV that they could pass on. This does not apply to you I believe.

The excessive demand means whether or not you will require assistance (which you do) and if your healthcare costs are more than $6500 a year. If you require assistance that will cost more than $6500, you will be inadmissible.
Thank you very much

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
bishoyusama said:
i have another question
my monthly needs the Canadian government will pay it for me ?
Technically, yes. However depending on your province you may also need insurance. How much are your current costs?

bishoyusama

Mar 8, 2017
i have another question
and if my cost exceeds 6500 per year but i can afford it would this help to get the work permit ?

bishoyusama

Mar 8, 2017
kryt0n said:
Technically, yes. However depending on your province you may also need insurance. How much are your current costs?
according to prices in egypt (the country i live in now) the cost per year is 1000 $

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
bishoyusama said:
i have another question
and if my cost exceeds 6500 per year but i can afford it would this help to get the work permit ?
There are some cases where someone has been classed as inadmissable because of costs but after taking CIC to court was allowed to get a permit because they offered to cover the costs, but this is unusual.

Do you need a nurse or helper at home or work?

bishoyusama

Mar 8, 2017
kryt0n said:
There are some cases where someone has been classed as inadmissable because of costs but after taking CIC to court was allowed to get a permit because they offered to cover the costs, but this is unusual.

Do you need a nurse or helper at home or work?
i only need a little help in home for Bowel Management
but i can do anything else including everyday activities

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
bishoyusama said:
i only need a little help in home for Bowel Management
but i can do anything else including everyday activities
So by that you will need a nurse every day, correct?

A quick google indicates that a nurse costs at least $50 per hour.

An hour a day at that rate is $18,250. If the officer calculates this you will be inadmissible.

Also you are asking here for a work permit. This forum is for Permanent residency. If you are concerned I would suggest seeking assistance from a lawyer as you are very unlikely to have your permit approved.