+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What's wrong with Abu Dhabi office rejecting so many people?!

kode336

Aug 14, 2020
I'm an Egyptian guy applying from Qatar.
After applying in May and giving biometrics in July, just today I got refused from the Abu Dhabi office stating that:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
I'm fresh bachelor degree graduate who just graduated last semester and wanted to go study something else related more to my passion.
I don't understand what's wrong with that especially that I attached a letter explaining why I wanted to study this course and did show valid reasons and wasn't lying about any of that !
Don't understand what does my "immigration status" mean ?!
Don't know what to do now, very depressed.
But I've seen many people that the Abu Dhabi office did reject them for no valid understandable reason giving them the same response and same exact reasons ?!

danilorniepes

Dec 20, 2017
After applying in May and giving biometrics in July, just today I got refused from the Abu Dhabi office stating that:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
I'm fresh bachelor degree graduate who just graduated last semester and wanted to go study something else related more to my passion.
I don't understand what's wrong with that especially that I attached a letter explaining why I wanted to study this course and did show valid reasons and wasn't lying about any of that !
But I've seen many people that the Abu Dhabi office did reject them for no valid understandable reason giving them the same response and same exact reasons ?!
Without context it hard to explain your case

danilorniepes

Dec 20, 2017

What visa are you applying?
What did you mentioned purposed of your visit?
What's your current employment situation?

Letter with your reasoning and passion will not cut it. being fresh Bachelor's degree means "maybe" they are questioning who and how will you support your visit/studies/tuition in Canada. A lot of questions that why need complete context of your case to provide you proper answer

bkz_q

Aug 20, 2020
What course did you apply ?

kode336

Aug 14, 2020
What visa are you applying?
What did you mentioned purposed of your visit?
What's your current employment situation?

Letter with your reasoning and passion will not cut it. being fresh Bachelor's degree means "maybe" they are questioning who and how will you support your visit/studies/tuition in Canada. A lot of questions that why need complete context of your case to provide you proper answer
I applied for a student visa as I have a LOA from a culinary arts school, My bachelor degree is in engineering but I did this engineering degree for the sake of my parents and now they are supporting me study what I always wanted to study as kind of appreciation for me graduating and making them proud. I gave them a letter from my mother bank account that shows more than enough funds and a letter signed by her stating that she'll be paying for my studies and staying funds.
I attached a letter why I studied engineering and why I'm interested in studying Culinary Arts.
So, I don't know what else should I've attached to not get refused??!

intelextreme

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
I applied for a student visa as I have a LOA from a culinary arts school, My bachelor degree is in engineering but I did this engineering degree for the sake of my parents and now they are supporting me study what I always wanted to study as kind of appreciation for me graduating and making them proud. I gave them a letter from my mother bank account that shows more than enough funds and a letter signed by her stating that she'll be paying for my studies and staying funds.
I attached a letter why I studied engineering and why I'm interested in studying Culinary Arts.
It is very difficult for you to be persuasive in this case. Usually, the VO will just assume that you are not serious about your study, even in Culinary Arts. The way to go is to obtain a degree of some sort related to Culinary Arts in your home country first and then advance to a higher level in Canada. I am not sure how the advancement is in that field though. I know you have the right to be upset but it is just how Canada evaluates previous degrees.

Reactions: usman_1986

danilorniepes

Dec 20, 2017
It is very difficult for you to be persuasive in this case. Usually, the VO will just assume that you are not serious about your study, even in Culinary Arts. The way to go is to obtain a degree of some sort related to Culinary Arts in your home country first and then advance to a higher level in Canada. I am not sure how the advancement is in that field though. I know you have the right to be upset but it is just how Canada evaluates previous degrees.

This is true, even how passionate and true you are with letter this is not a solid case, Engineering and Culinary arts are two different worlds. maybe if you get Master Degree in Engineering it might be a different outcome.

I feel you, its just Case Officers has seen all sort of cases and reasons and thru time they are looking for "strong and valid reasons" that connects one to the other.

danilorniepes

Dec 20, 2017
I thought Canada is supposed to be welcoming country

It is a welcoming country but they have there own set if rules, if you will the decision is not justified try to apply again or ask for a review, many people I know with perseverance things go well after re applying.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I know the Abu Dhabi Office is vicious, but truth be told, all other offices will probably refuse you based on what you've said. You barely just concluded a degree on one end of the spectrum and then opting to study a degree on the completely opposite end of that spectrum, and on the same level too! Moreover going overseas to spend so much money on culinary arts school after studying engineering seems dodgy. I'm not saying you are not genuine or sincere, but this sounds fishy to me and I', not even a VO.

What's to stop you from changing your mind and choosing not to study altogether once your feet touch canada? This is how a VO thinks.

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Applying from a country that is not your own is always a problem, as many Gulf expats have experienced.
IRCC doesn't trust that you will be able to return to Qatar once your studies are complete since you would need a new Qatari resident permit (which requires a job etc).

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Your immigration status refers to the fact that you are in Qatar but you are not a citizen.

Tete

Jun 26, 2017
Egypt
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
23-06-2020
Passport Req..
20-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2020
I'm Egyptian too. In retrospect, I applied for my fam for tourist visa in Saudi Arabia before I knew that obtaining a Canadian visa was such a big deal and we were all rejected. I think generally applying from the gulf countries as a temporary resident spikes up chances for visa refusal.

Last edited:

HopelessBR

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Brazil
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Actually, there is no problem with changing programs. There are so many brazilians who change programs and have their applications approved, mostly they have a bachelor degree in one field but apply for another one on college level. You have free will to do whatever you want with your life and Canadian embassy has no right to judge it. Did you explain why do you want to study in Canada instead of your country of residence or country of citizenship?