+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What's up with B1/B2 visa? How come no appointments available?

maxmtl

Star Member
Apr 8, 2014
Hello guys. What's happening with US visitor visa when applying from Canada. We filled out the DS-160 form online, but the next process is to pay the visa 185$ fee and schedule the appontment.

It doesn't let you pay the fee if there are no appointments at all, however when there are appoitnments available, they are only in 2 years, but the fees paid expire in 365 days, so there is a big dilemma.
We are in Montreal, but can go to Ottawa for appointment if needed. I guess we need to keep going on the website every day to see if we can get a closer appointment.

I remember around 5-6 years ago when applying to US visitor visa from Montreal, it took several weeks. Is US suffering from a severe backlog in their visa applications?

First Available Appointments
Ottawa29 January, 2026
Vancouver10 April, 2026
CalgaryNo Appointments Available
HalifaxNo Appointments Available
MontrealNo Appointments Available
Quebec CityNo Appointments Available
TorontoNo Appointments Available

Please somebody shed some light on this, as I am confused and devastated.

Thank you

Last edited:

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
hello, did you manage to get an appointment?
im in the same boat...awiating appointment slot for my BV and i dont see anything available. I live in Montreal. Any alternate options?

Thanks!

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello guys. What's happening with US visitor visa when applying from Canada. We filled out the DS-160 form online, but the next process is to pay the visa 185$ fee and schedule the appontment.

It doesn't let you pay the fee if there are no appointments at all, however when there are appoitnments available, they are only in 2 years, but the fees paid expire in 365 days, so there is a big dilemma.
We are in Montreal, but can go to Ottawa for appointment if needed. I guess we need to keep going on the website every day to see if we can get a closer appointment.

I remember around 5-6 years ago when applying to US visitor visa from Montreal, it took several weeks. Is US suffering from a severe backlog in their visa applications?

First Available Appointments
Ottawa29 January, 2026
Vancouver10 April, 2026
CalgaryNo Appointments Available
HalifaxNo Appointments Available
MontrealNo Appointments Available
Quebec CityNo Appointments Available
TorontoNo Appointments Available

Please somebody shed some light on this, as I am confused and devastated.

Thank you
Because Canadians don’t require a visa B1/2 to enter the United States, and they are staffed accordingly. The United States isn’t going to increase their staffing and costs just because Canada let in over a million foreign nationals who btw typically require B1/2

Reactions: andrews17