+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Whats the right to submit my Express Entry - CEC profile.

Charan1990

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
Hello All,

I need your suggestion on my cases.

I am on OWP and got a Contract Job with MNC from 26 March 2018.

So can I create and submit my EE profile under CEC now and submit my docs after 26 March 2019 as this would make one year experience.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment as well but you need to wait until you have one year experience and not before.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello All,

I need your suggestion on my cases.

I am on OWP and got a Contract Job with MNC from 26 March 2018.

So can I create and submit my EE profile under CEC now and submit my docs after 26 March 2019 as this would make one year experience.

You have to meet the one year requirement at the time you receive the ITA.

You were able to submit a profile because the system only asks for MM/YYYY instead of DD/MM/YYYY - resulting in the system calculating one year
based on seeing March 2018-Feb 2019. This is why IRCC tells you not to submit until you are actually eligible.. Lots of people have been refused because of this. In your case, you are nearly 2 months short...

Charan1990

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017

You were able to submit a profile because the system only asks for MM/YYYY instead of DD/MM/YYYY - resulting in the system calculating one year
based on seeing March 2018-Feb 2019. This is why IRCC tells you not to submit until you are actually eligible.. Lots of people have been refused because of this. In your case, you are nearly 2 months short...
Can you please share me if you found any official web link saying so.'
That would be very helpful.

monkeyspanner

Sep 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
25-10-2017
Med's Done....
08-11-2017
Passport Req..
19-12-2017
Can you please share me if you found any official web link saying so.'
That would be very helpful.
The MEC must be met at the time of the ITA and the subsequent eAPR. MEC for CEC Canadian work experience is 12 months full time in the 3 years prior to the eAPR. If you receive an ITA prior to completing 12 months MEC the VO should reject your PR application. If this occurs you should decline the ITA. Please bear in mind that if you receive an ITA and cannot proceed to an application someone else will not get their ITA. A summary of the regs is here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

Reactions: jes_ON

Charan1990

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
The MEC must be met at the time of the ITA and the subsequent eAPR. MEC for CEC Canadian work experience is 12 months full time in the 3 years prior to the eAPR. If you receive an ITA prior to completing 12 months MEC the VO should reject your PR application. If this occurs you should decline the ITA. Please bear in mind that if you receive an ITA and cannot proceed to an application someone else will not get their ITA. A summary of the regs is here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html
Thank you very much, guys.
I was also sure of it but didn't have anything concrete.

D

Deleted member 981115

Hi,
In my case I received ITA 30 days before completing my 2 years experience in Canada (CEC). Since i have met MEC, would it be safe to submit my application after 30 days?