+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What's the most advantageous way for our family to immigrate to canada?

lakersgo

Sep 27, 2008
We are citizen of Taiwan but my brother and I live in the US while parents in Taiwan. My brother is currently waiting for his green card and I've been trying to get H-1 sponsorship to no avail. Recently, I have talks with my parents and we agree that instead of hittng the wall in the US, we would like to explore the opportunity to immigrate to canada.

I've read a lot about different provincial PNP and skilled worker program, and was considering applying through Quebec PNP, but now we might do this as a family, so what's the best way to do this? In terms of cost, timeline and other consideration? We don't have geographical preference, so please advise.

Thanks.

lakersgo

Sep 27, 2008
I check out the family stream and it doesn't appear to apply to my family situation. We don't have relatives in Canada, although my father has a friend there.

No love?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The skilled worker class is currently under construction but if you speak french, you can try QSW in Quebec or get a job offer and come in on a temporary work permit in any province and get PR through PNP. If you want to go as a family, one of your parents need to be the primary applicant and you and your brother need to be under 22. If that is not the case, you can all apply separately. If you or the brother gets in, you can sponsor the parents but it can take a long time. If you get in, you can not sponsor your brother federally but if you live in Alberta or Manitoba you can do it under family stream. If you are on a H1B visa, you can apply to get PR directly in Alberta.