+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What's the minimum CLB English requirement for applying EE application under CEC category?

kasunsilva

Jul 20, 2022
Hi All,

I've just completed 1 year of experience in Canada under a category-2 job and recently got the OINP nomination under the foreign worker category. Hence, I tried to create my EE profile. But unfortunately, I've got CLB 6 points for my CELPIP exam and while trying to create a profile, it says that I'm not eligible to create a profile and increase my English proficiency (minimum CLB 7).

Refence Link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/language-requirements.html

But I wanted to know if is there any chance as I already have some points from the recently approved OINP program. I'm looking for other ways to avoid sitting again for the CELPIP exam.

Appreciated your ideas and advices. Thanks in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi All,

I've just completed 1 year of experience in Canada under a category-2 job and recently got the OINP nomination under the foreign worker category. Hence, I tried to create my EE profile. But unfortunately, I've got CLB 6 points for my CELPIP exam and while trying to create a profile, it says that I'm not eligible to create a profile and increase my English proficiency (minimum CLB 7).

Refence Link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/language-requirements.html

But I wanted to know if is there any chance as I already have some points from the recently approved OINP program. I'm looking for other ways to avoid sitting again for the CELPIP exam.

Why do you need an EE profile if you got nomination under foreign worker category. That stream is not connected to Express Entry so you don’t need an EE profile. You meet conditions of OINP.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

Agreed with the above comment. This program is not through Express Entry. You need to apply online through the OINP website. Follow the instructions here:

https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-foreign-worker-stream#section-1

Reactions: kasunsilva

kasunsilva

Jul 20, 2022
@scylla & @Naturgrl Thanks for your comments.

As per my understanding, after we get the nomination from the OINP, we have to apply Express Entry with the points got from the nomination program. Please correct me If I'm wrong.

That is the reason I'm trying to create a EE profile.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

As per my understanding, after we get the nomination from the OINP, we have to apply Express Entry with the points got from the nomination program. Please correct me If I'm wrong.

You are incorrect. The program you have been nominated for is not connected to EE. You need to follow the instructions from the link provided to apply for PR.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

No, that's not how it works. This is a non EE immigration stream. You have to submit your application through the OINP site (see the link I provided above). You cannot use this nomination to apply through EE.