+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What's next?

unknowntoknown

Star Member
Jul 29, 2019
The cases on this forum where people are processing faster are typically with American spouses.

Anticipate the process to take a year. If yours is faster, be grateful.
Do you think it would be appropriate to apply for a visitor visa in the mean while? My husband is been going through some health issues and is alone there. I want to go and see him.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
How would they do a BGC for me? I've already submitted my PCC along with the rest of my other documents. Is there anything else i should have given?
The Canadian embassy does this, with RCMP, CSIS, and with cooperation from other countries.

This is a very basic step in a spousal sponsorship application. Everyone goes through it.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Do you think it would be appropriate to apply for a visitor visa in the mean while? My husband is been going through some health issues and is alone there. I want to go and see him.
You can try to apply, but you will most likely be refused a visa as you would not be a genuine visitor.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
How long does that take for someone in India?
Many have been going pretty fast, 6 months or less, while many take longer. There is a master spreadsheet floating around the forum with up-to-date timelines. Have a search for it.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Woah...! that's a long time. I've heard people get their visas in 3-4 months. At the most 6 months. I've been reading up on the latest timelines.
same. when I look at the timelines in the spreadsheet, most are less than 12 months

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
When you look at the spreadsheet and see people getting COPR in 3-6 months, also look at the column that says "Number of applicants waiting for stage (%)". For example, while June's numbers show an average to COPR of approximately three months, that's applicable for only about 26% of the applicants. That means that 74% of applicants from June have not received COPR. 63% are still waiting for DM.

unknowntoknown

Star Member
Jul 29, 2019
When you look at the spreadsheet and see people getting COPR in 3-6 months, also look at the column that says "Number of applicants waiting for stage (%)". For example, while June's numbers show an average to COPR of approximately three months, that's applicable for only about 26% of the applicants. That means that 74% of applicants from June have not received COPR. 63% are still waiting for DM.
Again... Where's the spreadsheet at?
What's COPR and DM?