+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Whats next after getting CSQ for Parent Sponsorship process (Visa Office Mexico)

Adal

Nov 27, 2013
Basically I got CIC Approval letter for my Sponsorship application (for parent) last month.

As I live in Quebec the sponsored parent had to apply for Quebec Selection Certificate. She already obtained it. According to Quebec, the regional Visa Office (Mexico) is also notified of this event.

The question is: And now what is the next step? Apparently it seem like I have to wait until the regional Visa Office makes contact with me or sponsored parent. Am I correct?

I think the regional Visa Office should now ask for the medical exams for permanent residency, correct?

If that's the case does anybody know what the processing time estimates are for this office in this type of case? (Parent sponsorship approved by Quebec, CSQ obtained).

indai

Aug 19, 2016
Hi Adal,

Just wonder if you figured out what is the next step?
I am in the same position: received CSQ and don't know what to do next. Instructions on CIC and MICC sites do not say anything.

Aug 2, 2014
after a long story of waitings and frustrations with CIC I finally got my letter.
I am applying for the CSQ.
I am just confuse about what is the next as you guys are.
once I have this csq what am I supposed to do... I understand the CIC sent the letter to the visa office in Bogota.
but what action is requested from us?? is it true that the visa would take 5 more years? should I wait for 5 more long years before they request the passports?

your answers wil be soo appreciated.

Angelica.

johanna19782002

Star Member
Jul 27, 2010
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2015
Hi Angelica,

I am sponsoring my Mom and my case went to the Mexico's office by July of 2016. In the past , the timing for getting our sponsored relative in Canada was not lesser than 4 years. However, this seems changing. I am following forums were the PR for parents were granted in lesser than two years now. I am keeping my hope that this will be the same case for any of us that our files were sent to either Mexico or any other LatinAmerican country.

We have not any other choice different than waiting!

Best of Luck,

Johanna

marylatt

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Nomination.....
09-06-2011 (CSQ received)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011 (beginning of federal process)
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
Interview........
Name showed up on e-cas: 26-03-2012
Passport Req..
14-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
Resurrecting this thread to see if anyone else is waiting to hear from the Mexico office after receiving CSQ.
I got my mom’s CSQ December 13, 2019, but have heard nothing since.