+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

whats better a immigration councellor doing the application or yourself?

luis_riquelme

Jan 2, 2010
hello, i have a problem, we have this councellor she is practically an angel, she has been working in citizenship and immigration services for over 25 years so she has experience, no in my situation i need an Authorization to Return to canada, i dont know if anyone is or has gone through this situation. they say they will charge $1500.. with this we take care of the entire application from finish to end.. and as well we will apply for your wife for the authorization to return. Now it sounds pretty good but then you still have to pay
pay $1440.. of which includes 550 for the application.. 490 for the right of landing and 400 for the authorization to return.. you your looking at about 3000 dollars.

Now i see that everyone here has done it by themselves and thats great, but what would you do in my situation, any suggestions would be great,

thanks to all

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Hey, you are not very clear, who need the authoriztion to return to Canada, you or your wife, and you are sponsoring her, right?

luis_riquelme

Jan 2, 2010
yeah sorry, let me be clear i am the born canadian my wife is from argentina and she is the one that need the autorization to come back to canada, also where to i get this application for the authorization to return to canada for my wife, and also do i need to get the authorization FIRST then start the sponsorship or after.

you have any idea, i have no clue

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Well, if I understand well, you mean your wife has been banned from entering Canada for a specific time? if so I guess you need a lawyer to help you or a councellor, because I am sure that there are special procedure to do before sending the application or along with the application. Hope other here can hep you better.
good luck

luis_riquelme

Jan 2, 2010
she wasent banned she applied for refugee status after 2 years they denied it , then she thought by having an arranged marriage it would help, but while that was happening, she met me and the whole love thing happend, she got a letter of deportation and did not leave until we got married and after 2 years later we decided that she couldent be ilegal all her life so we left the country she turned herself in at airport road border services, no problem and thats it, the office told us that i can sponsor her when we arrive at argentina her country, but we moved to spain and thats where we are right now and in the process of doing the application through argentina.

thats all in a nut shell, thats one hell of a story

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
I see, sorry for your problem. I guess you really need a lawyer, specialy that she lived for 2 years without a status in Canada, I know in the US when someone stay without legual status , he is banned from re-entering the US for 5 or 10 years, but don't know the procedure in Canada, I am sure the expert over this forum will give you better answer.

The Littlest Hobo

Star Member
Nov 13, 2009
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
File Transfer...
7-12-2009
Passport Req..
18-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
3-02-2010
LANDED..........
20-03-2010
Hi luis,
that is a WILD story!

I think you should either check some other threads on this board or re-post your question/situation with a different title (maybe "former refugee claimant - how to apply as family class?" or something) so then people people can comment on your wife's specific situation. I've seen a few people on here mentioning some similar situations, so if you put the right title on your thread you might get comments on that aspect of your case. That might help you decide whether you need to hire a professional or do the application yourself.

If your wife is living legally in Spain (with a residency permit of at least 1-year) you can choose to apply through the VO responsible for Spain, if you check the times you might find one to be faster than the other, and that would also be where you would need to go for an interview, if they request it, so it might be closer.

Good luck!
TLH

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Hey The Littlest Hobo , thanks for your reply, but actualy it is luis_riquelme post not mine...:)) but I guess your are right in your reply.

The Littlest Hobo

Star Member
Nov 13, 2009
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
File Transfer...
7-12-2009
Passport Req..
18-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
3-02-2010
LANDED..........
20-03-2010
rorita_76 said:
Hey The Littlest Hobo , thanks for your reply, but actualy it is luis_riquelme post not mine...:)) but I guess your are right in your reply.
Oops, sorry about that!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
With a complicated situation such as yours, I would use a lawyer or immigration consultant. It's true that they are expensive, but if your application is rejected and you have to appeal or reapply, this is also expensive and takes a long time.