What would you do? Very short travel timeframe with PRV/COPR

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
Hello everyone,

As I mentioned in the Warsaw thread, my wife is waiting to receive her PRV/COPR back from the VFS Visa Application Center in her country. We received a message from the Warsaw VO explaining that she has been granted her PRV and that they will send it back to VFS on November 3, who will then send it back to us. However, they also say that her "immigrant visa will be valid till 8 December 2020." They asked us to confirm that she would be able to land before then, and we responded that yes, provided that VFS managed to deliver the documents by then.

First, understand that it took VFS 19 days to process our paperwork and to send it to the Warsaw VO. The flights are limited and I don't even know if VFS will be able to deliver her visa back to her in a reasonable amount of time. As it stands, the available flights are on November 28, November 30 and December 7 (lands in Montreal on December 8 with no time to spare). We're planning to book her flight for November 28 and cross our fingers that the papers arrive by then. All fares are rebookable, but there's no guarantee that the flights won't fill up by that time.

Does this sound reasonable? What would you do in this position?