+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what would you do?HELP HELP HELP CANT DECIDE

CHLOE

Jun 15, 2010
All my documents for spousal sponsorship is ready to go.i decided to do inland but changed my mind to out land.i am in Canada without status for 2 years now.that is the reason why i FIRST DECIDED TO DO inland because i cannot live my child .now im deciding to do out land instead because i taught it was faster(MANILA).so i am planning to go Home in April .and hopefully be landed by September for school reopening.i am bringing my child as no one can take care of her HERE .she is a CANADIAN CITIZEN.

HERE ARE MY OTHER CONCERN

INSPITE OF BEING HERE ILLEGALLY,AND DOING OUT LAND ARE MY CHANCES GETTING DISPROVE HIGHER BECAUSE OF NO STATUS

SHOULD I JUST DO INLAND AND WAIT 2 YEARS AT LEAST MY DAUGHTER IS HERE SCHOOLING

I WILL MAIL MY DOCUMENTS IN A WEEK ALL MEDICAL DONE IN TORONTO AND LEAVE A MONTH AFTER IS THAT OK

helP help help cant decide

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
OK, stop and re-think this for a minute. First of all, you don't have to be residing in your home country in order to be eligible to apply through that embassy. You always have the right to have your application processed through your home embassy, regardless of where you are staying while the ap is processing or what your status is in that country (including Canada). That said, you have to figure out whether or not applying through Manila is in your best interest. Yes, any inland application you file will be delayed - maybe for a couple of years - because you do not have valid temporary status. But, as you said, your child is in Canada and is going to school - and that's an important consideration.

If you apply through Manila: the current processing timeline for spousal cases through Manila is up to 9 months. That's after the case is transferred to them by the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga. They first assess the eligibility of the sponsor - that takes approximately 4-6 weeks. If an interview is required (and you can influence this by the quality and quantity of the evidences you send with the application in support of your relationship) you will have to attend at the Manila embassy. It is likely you will not get back into Canada as a temporary resident after leaving to attend this interview - which is mandatory. Also, at some point they will request your passport, and you will have to take it to the Philippines - you will not want to mail it to them - so at that point you're stuck until they finalize your case and issue your PR. Some embassies ask for the passport early on during processing - others don't ask for it until they are ready to issue the visa.

At any rate - it would be faster to apply outland and just get this over with . . . get your status and move on, even if it means some time separated from your spouse. But, because of the child, do keep in mind that you can remain in Canada until such time as you're requested to either attend an interview or submit your passport. You will need to use the address of a family member in the Phils as your residential address on the application, but you can use your Canadian address as the mailing address so that all correspondence from the embassy comes to you in Canada. Maybe this way you can get the application in process immediately, and still allow your child to at least finish out the school term before you have to go back . . . and, hopefully, once you have to go back, it won't be that much longer until things are finalized and you can "land". And yes, it's okay to have your medical done in Canada. Again, stay until you have to go and be sure to use the Canada address as your mailing address so that you get all correspondence from Manila right away. Hope this helps.

Material

Feb 16, 2011
RobsLuv said:
OK, stop and re-think this for a minute. First of all, you don't have to be residing in your home country in order to be eligible to apply through that embassy. You always have the right to have your application processed through your home embassy, regardless of where you are staying while the ap is processing or what your status is in that country (including Canada).
Hi

If you dont mind here is my question:

She has been staying here without status for two years, Im guessing that CBSA dont know about her right? so if she files outland while staying inland wouldnt that lead to CBSA finding out about her staying which might lead to her deporation which could have a significant effect on her application ?

Im not sure about this , and I havent heard about a case where this happened but I think there is a possibilty where this could happen.

My wife is without status and is here in Canada waiting on an inland app the only reason why they havent deported her yet is because of the inland app we received AIP and we are waiting for the second stage approval.

I agree with everything else..........

Thanks dont mean to scare you CHLOE just wanna help you make the right decision also robsluv is a great member on this site Im sure her advice is always good.

Cheers

jckovacs

Star Member
Mar 14, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hope it works out for you!

I don't even know how people stay places without being legal. Don't you need ID and such to get around? And you need to have documents to get ID. Ah well, guess I'm confused.

Material

Feb 16, 2011
jckovacs said:
Hope it works out for you!

I don't even know how people stay places without being legal. Don't you need ID and such to get around? And you need to have documents to get ID. Ah well, guess I'm confused.
You basicaly cant do anything you have to isolate your self and there is always the chance of getting caught some people take that risk. I guess ?

saifsmarty

Apr 4, 2010
pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
ISBD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
JUNE 2011.
Passport Req..
ON WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
CHLOE said:
All my documents for spousal sponsorship is ready to go.i decided to do inland but changed my mind to out land.i am in Canada without status for 2 years now.that is the reason why i FIRST DECIDED TO DO inland because i cannot live my child .now im deciding to do out land instead because i taught it was faster(MANILA).so i am planning to go Home in April .and hopefully be landed by September for school reopening.i am bringing my child as no one can take care of her HERE .she is a CANADIAN CITIZEN.

HERE ARE MY OTHER CONCERN

INSPITE OF BEING HERE ILLEGALLY,AND DOING OUT LAND ARE MY CHANCES GETTING DISPROVE HIGHER BECAUSE OF NO STATUS

never leave canada .be processed with in canada ,if you go back home ...u might not come back or they will fix u in a long waiting period processing .. thats what is my experiences .
SHOULD I JUST DO INLAND AND WAIT 2 YEARS AT LEAST MY DAUGHTER IS HERE SCHOOLING

I WILL MAIL MY DOCUMENTS IN A WEEK ALL MEDICAL DONE IN TORONTO AND LEAVE A MONTH AFTER IS THAT OK

helP help help cant decide