+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What will happen or what do I do after reporting a condition 51 violation?

chs2yyc

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Hi,

My wife and I agreed that she would go visit her family for a period of three months.

She is a Canadian PR with the condition 51 ( we must cohabitate in a conjugal relationship for a continuous period of 2 years......and if she uses public assistance I must pay it back).

She recently e-mailed me and told me she cheated on me and she is not coming back to Canada. She then e-mailed me later and told me she would come back to Canada to divorce me but would intentionally live off of government assistance.

I am divorcing her, and immediately reported this to CIC, and am going to send a divorce claim document from my lawyer to CIC tomorrow.

The relationship is broken, and I have in writing from her two confessions that intentionally communicate condition 51 violations.

What will happen next? And since i reported it will she be able to come back and use government money? (she has a job up here)

I did my best to abide by the conditions but I cannot control another person who hates me now and wants to screw me over and has told me she is going to try.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Sorry to hear of the breakdown of your marriage.

She has Condition 51 and you reported her to CIC. This is the best you can do. Hopefully CIC will follow up on it.

Keep that e-mail she sent where she said she cheated on you and plans to come back to divorce you and collect welfare. Collect as much related evidence as you can.

aneirin

Jul 16, 2015
keesio said:
Sorry to hear of the breakdown of your marriage.

She has Condition 51 and you reported her to CIC. This is the best you can do. Hopefully CIC will follow up on it.

Keep that e-mail she sent where she said she cheated on you and plans to come back to divorce you and collect welfare. Collect as much related evidence as you can.
Agree. Collecting evidences and reporting is the best option.

Abia

Aug 14, 2015
Dear Members,

I am Canadian citizen married and sponsored my husband from Pakistan. He came into Canada in 2011 and after four years of marriage he decided to walk out on me. He said he never was interested in this relationship to begin with and all he was interested in is Canadian citizenship. I've spent my entire savings helping him establishing here. I am in severe shock and depression not knowing what to do? Should I report him to CIC? What can I do to make him realize that what he did to me is wrong. What are my chances if I report him to CIC?

Please advice.
Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Abia said:
Dear Members,

I am Canadian citizen married and sponsored my husband from Pakistan. He came into Canada in 2011 and after four years of marriage he decided to walk out on me. He said he never was interested in this relationship to begin with and all he was interested in is Canadian citizenship. I've spent my entire savings helping him establishing here. I am in severe shock and depression not knowing what to do? Should I report him to CIC? What can I do to make him realize that what he did to me is wrong. What are my chances if I report him to CIC?
Your best option would be to try to forget this ever happened and move on. There is most likely nothing you can do given how long he has been in Canada. If you have hard evidence/proof that shows he committed fraud - then by all means try reporting him to CIC. If you have no hard evidence - don't bother reporting him. Even if you have hard evidence, I suspect CIC will do nothing given how long he has been in Canada.

Abia

Aug 14, 2015
scylla said:
Your best option would be to try to forget this ever happened and move on. There is most likely nothing you can do given how long he has been in Canada. If you have hard evidence/proof that shows he committed fraud - then by all means try reporting him to CIC. If you have no hard evidence - don't bother reporting him. Even if you have hard evidence, I suspect CIC will do nothing given how long he has been in Canada.
Thank you scylla for your reply.