+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what will happen if lmo doesn't come out after the restoration period?

budoyjoy

Sep 24, 2010
i need answers on this matter because my restoration will end on nov. and until now my lmo has not come out yet..if i'm not mistaken it's been a month since my employer re-apply for my lmo..

matthewc

Jan 18, 2010
Grimsby, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland (CPC-Vegreville)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
If you're out of status and outside the 90 day time limit to apply for restoration, you would have to leave Canada and apply for your work permit at the border. Inadmissibility due to simple overstay is resolved by leaving Canada. You could flagpole at the nearest US border and pick up your new work permit on the way back in.

budoyjoy

Sep 24, 2010
thank you for your quick reply ;) another question..do you have an idea why is it taking so long now for my lmo to come out? because the first time my employer applied for it, it was rejected due to advertisement..then he, re-apply and its been more than a month..

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't say which province. Alberta is now taking 6 to 8 weeks for responses to LMO applications. BC is taking 3 to 4 weeks. The length of time has to do with volume.

budoyjoy

Sep 24, 2010
sorry my bad i forgot to mention my province...i'm in alberta...so hopefully my lmo will come out next month..thanks for you reply :)

ismailgls

Mar 3, 2012
I have a one more question ..now i am out of status and outside the 90 days time limit to apply for restoration ..i have a positive lmo letter ..if i go to the nearest us border can i get a work permit ?? and also do i need anything else ??

thank you..

matthewc said:
If you're out of status and outside the 90 day time limit to apply for restoration, you would have to leave Canada and apply for your work permit at the border. Inadmissibility due to simple overstay is resolved by leaving Canada. You could flagpole at the nearest US border and pick up your new work permit on the way back in.