+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What visa type is right for this

Stephenmoka5

Dec 5, 2018
Hi, I want to do ice hockey training, I have no experience and have not seen one live, we don't have such anywhere in my country. What visa type is suitable for this. Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You would need to apply for a TRV (tourist visa). If approved, this will allow you to come to Canada and take training that is six months or less in length.

To be approved, you must show strong ties to your home country to prove you have no plans on remaining in Canada long term. You will also have to demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to pay for your visit to Canada. You will not be allowed to work while in Canada. So you will need to show that you have enough money to pay for the costs of your flight, accommodations and training while here.

Stephenmoka5

Dec 5, 2018
You would need to apply for a TRV (tourist visa). If approved, this will allow you to come to Canada and take training that is six months or less in length.

To be approved, you must show strong ties to your home country to prove you have no plans on remaining in Canada long term. You will also have to demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to pay for your visit to Canada. You will not be allowed to work while in Canada. So you will need to show that you have enough money to pay for the costs of your flight, accommodations and training while here.
I have problems with the funds part, the money I got are earned online. They are much like $1200-$2000 per day, the sources are weird i.e YouTube + Sport bet at least $1000 a day from sport bet(pro bets). I have the receipt of payment and funds are 100% mine and available. How will I tackle this fund part.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have problems with the funds part, the money I got are earned online. They are much like $1200-$2000 per day, the sources are weird i.e YouTube + Sport bet at least $1000 a day from sport bet(pro bets). I have the receipt of payment and funds are 100% mine and available. How will I tackle this fund part.
Show a bank statement with the funds.

If you don't hold a traditional full time job, this may work against you in the TRV application process. If possible, demonstrate other strong ties such as property ownership.

I would also say that wanting to learn how to play ice hockey sounds like a very weak reason for wanting to visit Canada. Rather than focusing on this, I would simply say you want to come as a tourist and request a visit of 2-3 weeks.

Stephenmoka5

Dec 5, 2018
Than
Show a bank statement with the funds.

If you don't hold a traditional full time job, this may work against you in the TRV application process. If possible, demonstrate other strong ties such as property ownership.

I would also say that wanting to learn how to play ice hockey sounds like a very weak reason for wanting to visit Canada. Rather than focusing on this, I would simply say you want to come as a tourist and request a visit of 2-3 weeks.
Thank you very much, I do have properties, I run a non-profit organization and do fund raising, I don't want to visit Canada, I want to learn it and play for amateur hockey club after it.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Than

Thank you very much, I do have properties, I don't want to visit, I want to learn it and play for amateur hockey club after it.
You will still be visiting. You are not allowed to live in Canada on a TRV.

Have you been accepted into an amateur hockey club? Do you have documents showing this?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Reactions: Stephenmoka5

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No I have zero experience, I leave in tropical regions and I have never skated however, I really want to learn this thing and play for a club.
The honest truth is that your plans aren't realistic. If you use this as a reason for requesting a TRV, it will probably be very difficult to be approved.

Children start playing hockey in Canada at 4 or 5 years old - and by the time they are your age, they have many thousands of hours of experience. Hockey is extremely competitive in Canada, even at the amateur levels. It's simply not realistic to think you will be able to play at the amateur level full time.

If you want to come to Canada as a tourist for a few weeks to learn how to stake and play hockey - that makes sense. Coming to learn staking and hockey from scratch with plans to join an amateur team and play full time makes no sense.

Stephenmoka5

Dec 5, 2018
O
The honest truth is that your plans aren't realistic. If you use this as a reason for requesting a TRV, it will probably be very difficult to be approved.

Children start playing hockey in Canada at 4 or 5 years old - and by the time they are your age, they have many thousands of hours of experience. Hockey is extremely competitive in Canada, even at the amateur levels. It's simply not realistic to think you will be able to play at the amateur level full time.

If you want to come to Canada as a tourist for a few weeks to learn how to stake and play hockey - that makes sense. Coming to learn staking and hockey from scratch with plans to join an amateur team and play full time makes no sense.
Okay thanks, I don't know that part.

zainzindani

Star Member
Oct 13, 2018

Schylla I product training also apply tourist visa, visit visa or business Visa?
Your reply highly appreciated.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Schylla I product training also apply tourist visa, visit visa or business Visa?
Your reply highly appreciated.
You need to provide more information by what you mean Product training. Is your company in your home country paying for your trip or is this something you are doing yourself ? How long will be the visit ?

zainzindani

Star Member
Oct 13, 2018
You need to provide more information by what you mean Product training. Is your company in your home country paying for your trip or is this something you are doing yourself ? How long will be the visit ?
I have own business Ofcouse training is related to my business and one Canadian company give me invitation letter for training for product related.which purpose of visit should I select?

zainzindani

Star Member
Oct 13, 2018
My training period is just for 11 days.
Already have been travel China, UAE, South Africa, srilanka, saudia Arabia.