+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What university can suite my profile ?

buzoo

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Hi i am from Punjab,India. here is my profile
10-69%
12-64%(non medical)
Btech Computers will complete in June 2013 (68%-70%)expected..with 4 backlogs all cleared.
IELTS still to give expected(6.5-7.5)
10-15 lakh budget
1.What university's(BC,Ontario,Alberta,Saskatchewan) are going to suite this kind of profile for 2 years master program.As i have heard that its really hard to get into university and the undergraduate percentage required is high.
2.Other wise i have to apply into college in Ontario in 2year Diploma that could result into Visa rejection (diploma after degree).
3.Please suggest as i am kind of interested in university but dont know which one to apply..and also do they re quire GRE ?

tiger007

Champion Member
buzoo said:
Hi i am from Punjab,India. here is my profile
10-69%
12-64%(non medical)
Btech Computers will complete in June 2013 (68%-70%)expected..with 4 backlogs all cleared.
IELTS still to give expected(6.5-7.5)
10-15 lakh budget
1.What university's(BC,Ontario,Alberta,Saskatchewan) are going to suite this kind of profile for 2 years master program.As i have heard that its really hard to get into university and the undergraduate percentage required is high.
2.Other wise i have to apply into college in Ontario in 2year Diploma that could result into Visa rejection (diploma after degree).
3.Please suggest as i am kind of interested in university but dont know which one to apply..and also do they re quire GRE ?
Hi,

Most Canadian universities need B grade or minimum 60% in final 2 years of B.tech degree for students from India and an IELTS score of 6.5 overall (with no bands less than 6)(some may require IELTS score of overall 7) for applying to engineering Master degrees. They DO NOT require GRE. Some, universities like the university of Manitoba, Memorial university consider min. 55% in final 2 years as equivalent to B grade.
Example: (Univ. of Manitoba international equivalency chart)- http://umanitoba.ca/faculties/graduate_studies/facultyinfo/assess/view.php?cid=20
However, meeting just the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission. The higher your B.Tech scores are, more your chances of getting admission.

You can pursue a course based 1-1.5 years length M. Eng master degree OR research oriented, thesis based 2 years long MaSc./Msc. degree. The research based degrees are usually much more competitive, where one generally needs to show some knack for research (like published papers) and selected students usually get partial or full funding.

You can see general rankings of Canadian universities to get an overall idea.. as to which universities are reputed.
For example: http://www.university-list.net/canada/rank/univ-7007.htm
www.4icu.org/ca/

You can consider applying to M.Eng (CS) programs OR Research based Master degrees in CS in ANY of the recognized public universities across Canada.

Here's the list of ALL recognized Canadian educational institutes eligible for OCWP+PGWP, listed according to province:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp

You need to go through the university department websites, contact the university departments to know more such as course content, graduate degree options, deadlines, tuition fees, admission procedure etc. You will have to do the hard work to find the type of programs and select a list of say atleast 4-6 universities, you may consider applying to.

The application submission date for Fall 2013 (Sept) start in most universities is already long over, and you should consider applying for 2014 Fall intake.

Best of Luck.

*** All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

buzoo

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Wow that is a nice piece of information Tiger007.
Also what about Advance Diploma Courses. How hard is to get visa and admissions into that ?
Don't want to go for 1 year PG course(PR problem).
Best time to apply for Sep 2013 intake for colleges don't want to delay till JAN 2014? Any one who wants to add some other information regarding the matter .i would be glad :)