+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what to mention in "Occupation" section of Work History in My CIC profile

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello friends,

I was referring to my EE profile, just observed this section..

In Work History Section while creating EE profile, the first point is .. OCCUPATION
Here we need to mention our primary NOC and then below text is mentioned.

Date MUNJAL xxxx xxxxx first became qualified to practice in this occupation
If the "primary occupation" is:
a qualified trade (four-digit code begins with 632, 633, 72, 73, 82, 92), this is the date they became qualified to practice on their own in Canada. (For example, when they moved from apprentice to being a licensed tradesperson.)
any other job, this is the date they first obtained the minimum education or training stated in the NOC description. (Note: if the NOC only states high school, this is the date they graduated.)
pls can anyone help to understand what does this mean?
Is it so that the primary NOC a candidate chose has to be directly related to his education??

Because in my case, I have M.Sc. in applied chemistry but I have primary NOC as Company Trainer in Financial Services Company.
So my education is nowhere related to my primary NOC.

pls suggest what to do now?

sagar1279

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-07-2017
Hi, please find your NOC based on the description of noc lists (not just designation). There, in that noc, the criteria is mentioned (in lowest section of the page of noc description), follow that please. E. G. Financial services requires graduation then put the date on the day you got graduate degree. Hope it helps.

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sagar1279 said:
Hi, please find your NOC based on the description of noc lists (not just designation). There, in that noc, the criteria is mentioned (in lowest section of the page of noc description), follow that please. E. G. Financial services requires graduation then put the date on the day you got graduate degree. Hope it helps.
Thank you sagar1279