+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What to expect at POE

Haley

Apr 25, 2011
Well the first thing I experience last Friday is that you exit the plane as usual and proceed to immigration. The officer there will check your passport and introduction letter. She asked me if I had any food etc as on the form that they give you to fill out on the aircraft. All was well so she directed me to a room to the left and this is Toronto i'm speaking of. Another immigration officer asked me for my letter of introduction and passport. They also ask we where I lived back home, how tall I was and weight, if I was married and the address I will be staying. All this took about 2 mins while she was typing on the computer. There were other promblems though, the printer crashed and the lines backed up and were very long especially with Chineese nationals. Look out for delays as lots of students coming in now. I missed my connecting flight as a result but the airline will place you on the next available flight at no cost. The IO will print your permit on a small piece of paper and staple it into your book, that's it, you may leave.

rosoc

May 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico D.F.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 11, 2011
Doc's Request.
July 22, 2011
Med's Request
None
VISA ISSUED...
August 3, 2011
LANDED..........
If god permits, August 24, 2011
Port of Entry is not bad at all in Toronto. For me it took two minutes. He asked if I had been to Canada before and how long was my period of studies. After I said two years he asked if it was my Masters and in what, he also asked why I chose Canada and where my University was. He told me that I can only work at the University and I must wait three months to apply for a work permit off campus. Then he wished me luck and sent me on my way. All I had to show my introduction letter, he did not care for my letter of admission.