+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What to do if your application is rejected???

aselom

Mar 17, 2010
I got my Quebec certificate and file with Detroit. I was told to bring some documents to the interview which I did but the immigration officer was insisting that I needed to have my wife at the interview since the letter requested her to come at the interview. She's couldn't can to the interview because she couldn't get a visa.
First of all, the lady who interviewed me was very very rude and didn't want to hear any explanation. In fact, I think she was belligerent to the extend that I was asking myself if she has a problem with me.
Now, she told me that my application is rejected and said she'll send me a letter to that effect. What can I do? Can I file an appeal? she told me that, since my certificate is valid until 2013, I can re-apply again?
Any help???

Payal

Star Member
May 10, 2010
aselom said:
I got my Quebec certificate and file with Detroit. I was told to bring some documents to the interview which I did but the immigration officer was insisting that I needed to have my wife at the interview since the letter requested her to come at the interview. She's couldn't can to the interview because she couldn't get a visa.
First of all, the lady who interviewed me was very very rude and didn't want to hear any explanation. In fact, I think she was belligerent to the extend that I was asking myself if she has a problem with me.
Now, she told me that my application is rejected and said she'll send me a letter to that effect. What can I do? Can I file an appeal? she told me that, since my certificate is valid until 2013, I can re-apply again?
Any help???
I guess I got your answer but first can you please tell me where is your wife and for what reasons she couldnt get visa (I assume you are referring to USA tourist visa)

Payal

Star Member
May 10, 2010
aselom said:
Any help???
[/quote
Yes. If you are not approved, you may appeal the judge’s decision to the Federal Court of Canada, or reapply as soon as you feel ready to meet all the requirements. There is no waiting period before you can reapply.

aselom

Mar 17, 2010
Thanks Payal for the reply. But the problem is, I applied here in the US and my wife is in Africa. Can I appeal to the Judge in Canada since the rejection was done here in Detroit? Do I have to go to Canada and file?
Please help.

slavasz

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/10/2009
Doc's Request.
18/12/2009
AOR Received.
19/04/2010
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/09/2011
Med's Done....
05-09-2011/
Interview........
waved 19/04/2010
Passport Req..
24/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
13/07/2012
LANDED..........
29/08/2012
Oh, man, so sorry.

In the second AOR I received they specifically stayed that if they call for an interview asking other family members to come alone and if any of them do not come then "the required examination cannot be completed".
So, as per procedure she had right to reject.

Interview
You will be notified of the appointment for your interview, if required, approximately four to six weeks prior to the date of the interview, and you will be provided with further instructions at that time.
Section 15 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act authorizes an officer to proceed with an examination where a person makes an application for permanent residence in Canada for the purpose of determining whether the person and all his or her accompanying family members, appear to be persons who may be granted entry into Canada. To proceed with an examination, a personal interview is frequently required. Section 16 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination. If an applicant appears for the interview without all the family members as required by the officer, then the required examination cannot be completed. This means that the applicant would be found to be inadmissible to Canada as a foreign national by virtue of the fact that he or she is unable to comply with all the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the Regulations, following sections 11 and 41 of the Act.

You should have asked to reschedule your interview.

I know that it doesn't help you now, but would help others to know this.

And again I am so sorry for your situation. May God help you!

Payal

Star Member
May 10, 2010
aselom said:
Thanks Payal for the reply. But the problem is, I applied here in the US and my wife is in Africa. Can I appeal to the Judge in Canada since the rejection was done here in Detroit? Do I have to go to Canada and file?
Please help.
No No please dont appeal against it.. just get a US visa for ur wife and then reapply.. in case you need help in obtaining USA visa for ur wife then Please refer to this site
http://www.immihelp.com/... dont worry things are good. just be patient and relax..

Neostigmine

May 5, 2010
DC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-03-2009
Doc's Request.
1-12-2009
IELTS Request
given
Med's Request
1-03-2010
Med's Done....
15-03-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-18-2010
LANDED..........
08-01-2010
sorry for the bad luck ........fix yr wife's visa issue first and reapply........that women might sound rude but its never personal like we feel [because we are stressed and they are bound with rules and laws], it has happened to me twice......... and got visa in 3rd attempt when I showed a good financial backing and strong ties in my home country, plz don't make a mistake , calm down and reapply.