+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What to do if the application is rejected but I am holding a bridging work permit?

FFDSP

Aug 9, 2021
The long processing time is causing a possibility to me. If I have to wait for a very long time, I will have to apply for a bridging work permit when my PGWP expires. But, if my application is rejected, which is not rare for EE applications, my bridging work permit will become invalid.

This was not a problem if IRCC keeps the 6-month promise, coz I can create another application if the first one fails. But, as a provincial nominee, I must keep working to be nominated. So, if I lose my bridging work permit, I will have no way to get the provincial nomination.

I must prepare for such a situation now, can you give me some advice? Thank you!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The long processing time is causing a possibility to me. If I have to wait for a very long time, I will have to apply for a bridging work permit when my PGWP expires. But, if my application is rejected, which is not rare for EE applications, my bridging work permit will become invalid.

This was not a problem if IRCC keeps the 6-month promise, coz I can create another application if the first one fails. But, as a provincial nominee, I must keep working to be nominated. So, if I lose my bridging work permit, I will have no way to get the provincial nomination.

I must prepare for such a situation now, can you give me some advice? Thank you!
How are you eligible for a BOWP when your PGWP expires? You need to ITA and AOR to be eligible. What is this 6-month promise?

Who can apply for a BOWP
To be eligible, you must:

• live in Canada (Quebec not included)
  • either
  • be the principal applicant on your permanent residence application
  • have submitted a complete application for permanent residence and passed the completeness check
  • have your acknowledgement of receipt letter
    • we send this letter to your account after we get your permanent residence application

FFDSP

Aug 9, 2021
How are you eligible for a BOWP when your PGWP expires? You need to ITA and AOR to be eligible. What is this 6-month promise?

Who can apply for a BOWP
To be eligible, you must:

• live in Canada (Quebec not included)
  • either
  • be the principal applicant on your permanent residence application
  • have submitted a complete application for permanent residence and passed the completeness check
  • have your acknowledgement of receipt letter
    • we send this letter to your account after we get your permanent residence application
Thank you! I've got my AoR for 8 months and am eligible for a Bridging Work Permit.

What I'm worried about is literally as described, the longer than expected processing time (6 months) may put me in such a situation: I must keep working to be eligible for a provincial nomination so that I can apply for my PR again, if my first application is rejected. But, if my first application is rejected very late, I will have no work permit to get my provincial nomination.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you! I've got my AoR for 8 months and am eligible for a Bridging Work Permit.

What I'm worried about is literally as described, the longer than expected processing time (6 months) may put me in such a situation: I must keep working to be eligible for a provincial nomination so that I can apply for my PR again, if my first application is rejected. But, if my first application is rejected very late, I will have no work permit to get my provincial nomination.
Why would your application be rejected?

FFDSP

Aug 9, 2021
Why would your application be rejected?
Thank you! But, this is not related to my question.

Every application has the possibility to be rejected and it's especially not rare for EE applications, coz some officers tend to reject the application when they think the documents are insufficient, instead of asking the applicants to upload them.

It's always better to have a plan B than to simply believe the application will be definitely approved. Right?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you! But, this is not related to my question.

Every application has the possibility to be rejected and it's especially not rare for EE applications, coz some officers tend to reject the application when they think the documents are insufficient, instead of asking the applicants to upload them.

It's always better to have a plan B than to simply believe the application will be definitely approved. Right?
Don’t know what the 6 month ‘promise” is. It is an average only. Your posts are so confusing with no timelines. IF you have AOR then you apply for BOWP. You can continue working. If your PR application is rejected then you lose your work status and need a LMIA. Then apply for a closed work permit.

muz 1995

Mar 25, 2024
We got an AOR on our express entry application and applied for bowp. The application got cancelled as incomplete. The bowp is still in process but my pgwp is expiring in 2 weeks. I hope to get an ITA soon(in 2-3 weeks, depending on when the next draw is).

question: do i still hold a maintained status till the bowp is in process or do i loose it because the express entry application was cancelled?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
We got an AOR on our express entry application and applied for bowp. The application got cancelled as incomplete. The bowp is still in process but my pgwp is expiring in 2 weeks. I hope to get an ITA soon(in 2-3 weeks, depending on when the next draw is).

question: do i still hold a maintained status till the bowp is in process or do i loose it because the express entry application was cancelled?
You have maintained status while your BOWP is still being processed.