+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What to do if my employer refused to issue VJO?

Taweda

Nov 25, 2016
Hi all,

I am working for more than 2 years as a full-time employee. I want to apply for CSQ, however, my employer said they don't issue a VJO. I met all the VJO requirements .
can I fill the application by myself or the employer must apply for this.

Thank you in advance

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi all,

I am working for more than 2 years as a full-time employee. I want to apply for CSQ, however, my employer said they don't issue a VJO. I met all the VJO requirements .
can I fill the application by myself or the employer must apply for this.

Thank you in advance
Employer applies as they have to provide financial details of company also.

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
They have to make you a job offer. If they don't want how is possible to do it by yourself? Even if you had all the necessary documents you still can't do it as they have to sign.
So the only way is to convince them to do it.

Reactions: Taweda and Immstu

Taweda

Nov 25, 2016
They have to make you a job offer. If they don't want how is possible to do it by yourself? Even if you had all the necessary documents you still can't do it as they have to sign.
So the only way is to convince them to do it.
How to convince them. It's a public college and I am a full-time lecturer.
I am already working with them, so why they have to make me a job offer

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
How to convince them. It's a public college and I am a full-time lecturer.
I am already working with them, so why they have to make me a job offer
Job offer is a requirement as advised above. If they aren't willing you have to let it go and find other employer who's willing or learn French B2 level to qualify in peq.
All the best

Reactions: Taweda

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
May be this will reduce any confusion -

VJO is usually applied by an Employer if they offer the employee a "Permanent Position" in the company. If your job contract based then the employer may refuse to apply for a VJO. So convincing your employer to offer you a "Staff Position" is the ONLY option.

I'm too lazy to search the web but i read it somewhere that the position need not be "Permanent" if the Employer chooses to apply for a VJO. Let us see if anyone on the forum can look it up for you. Good luck!

Taweda

Nov 25, 2016
Thank you all.
Yes my job is contract based but kind of permanent based on my seniority. I read somewhere that I can fill the application and ask for some financial information from the employer
Is this possible?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Thank you all.
Yes my job is contract based but kind of permanent based on my seniority. I read somewhere that I can fill the application and ask for some financial information from the employer
Is this possible?
Seems like you are still confused.

Without your employer
a) consent and
b)active participation to the point of paying fees (some people paid their own but it isn't recommended, $230) and
c) sending the filled up package with job offer signed and stamped by your Manager/Supervisor with their address and a responsible persons contact number and
d) providing detailed financial information available from accounts and finance department.
There's no way you can move forward.

Sorry if I come across as bit blunt. This is how it's for VJO.

All the best.

Edit 1: Someone I know had her VJO refused recently because she used her credit card to pay the fees and posted the envelope with her return address and not company's. This is when company provided her with all required documents. In your case they aren't even willing to start with the vjo process unfortunately.
Edit 2: MIFI issues VJO not your employer. Employer provides docs needed for it.

Last edited:

Taweda

Nov 25, 2016
Seems like you are still confused.

Without your employer
a) consent and
b)active participation to the point of paying fees (some people paid their own but it isn't recommended, $230) and
c) sending the filled up package with job offer signed and stamped by your Manager/Supervisor with their address and a responsible persons contact number and
d) providing detailed financial information available from accounts and finance department.
There's no way you can move forward.

Sorry if I come across as bit blunt. This is how it's for VJO.

All the best.

Edit 1: Someone I know had her VJO refused recently because she used her credit card to pay the fees and posted the envelope with her return address and not company's. This is when company provided her with all required documents. In your case they aren't even willing to start with the vjo process unfortunately.
Edit 2: MIFI issues VJO not your employer. Employer provides docs needed for it.
Thank you. It's clear now, but it seems that my employer don't have idea about this process since all the professors are Canadian or holding a PR.
they said "we do not issue validated job offers". I want to send them another email to show it's a normal process and they can detect the fees from my salary. What do you think?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Thank you. It's clear now, but it seems that my employer don't have idea about this process since all the professors are Canadian or holding a PR.
they said "we do not issue validated job offers". I want to send them another email to show it's a normal process and they can detect the fees from my salary. What do you think?
Okay, I get it now.

Approach your HR saying that it's a easy process on their part -
- They issue a job offer to you with your designation, salary, duration etc. Details on MIFI website (Google)
- That there's no boundation on employers part. If you aren't needed, they can always relieve you.
- that it's (VJO) a prerequisite to get csq.
- that csq entitles you to PR application to the extent of being guaranteed.
- that fees is meagre and if they want you can refund it to them. However it's unethical.

Hope this helps.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Thank you. it's very helpful.
I will try and let you know.

Thanks again
All the best.

Emphasize that since you are an existing employee with a valid work permit process is simplified.

VJO nowadays is granted at speed (4-6 weeks max). In Arrima with VJO you are guaranteed csq and we have seen approval with a day on Mon Projet.

Taweda

Nov 25, 2016
Thanks Immstu,

If anyone can help me in how to write an email to convince my employer to issue me the job offer.

Taweda

Nov 25, 2016
Hi friends,

Please help me with the requirements of the VJO. Is it only one form (A-0700-EF) or there are some other forms and documentation.
Please consider my question, I really need your help.