+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What to do if I fail in one subject as an international student?

sjoseph

Dec 18, 2019
Hi
I am an international student doing a 2 year full time program.
I just finished doing my 3rd semester now which was from September 2019 to December 2019.
Only in this semester I have failed in one subject.
Now, the subject which I failed is not available in the next semester. (4th sem)
I can do that again only in the next fall from Sep 2020 to Dec 2020. (after the supposed program completion period which is on April 2020)
I will be doing the 4th semester next month. (from Jan 2020 to April 2020)

I have few doubts, please help.
Could I apply for PGWP after the 4th sem?
Is there any point in doing that or could it get rejected as I failed in one subject?
As a part of the program I have to do co-op. I have received my co-op approval letter.
Would failing in one subject prevent me from doing co-op in any way?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

Hi
I just finished doing my 3rd semester now which was from September 2019 to December 2019.
Now, the subject which I failed is not available in the next semester. (4th sem)
I can do that again only in the next fall from Sep 2020 to Dec 2020. (after the supposed program completion period which is on April 2020)

Is there any point in doing that or could it get rejected as I failed in one subject?
As a part of the program I have to do co-op. I have received my co-op approval letter.
1. If the failed subject is required for graduation, you won't have graduated and won't be eligible for a PGWP.
2. Talk to your school about the Coop.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

You should look into whether your school would give credit for an online course to replace the failed course so you can graduate on time.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You are allowed to be part time in last semester, failing itself is not an issue, if it causes you to become part time in a semester which is not your last that is a problem.

Coop depends on your school, schools might have rules about qualifying for coop, ircc doesn't care as long as school approves.

simibajwa

Mar 19, 2018
Hello i am an international student and i failed one subject i re applied it and then i failed it for the second time again. Can anyone help me that is their any problem if i am repeating it again

KaurJoban_09

Mar 27, 2021
did u fail ?? which college u r
I am in Fanshawe College London.
I failed in 1 subject last semester and repeating it in this semester and I am feeling like again I will fail in that particular subject.
Will I get last chance to pass that subject?

Petito

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
I am in Fanshawe College London.
I failed in 1 subject last semester and repeating it in this semester and I am feeling like again I will fail in that particular subject.
Will I get last chance to pass that subject?
yes u will get if u r fulltime

Molly kim

May 4, 2023
Hi! I am an international student in canada in a 2yr program. I started last Fall 2022 (1st semester) and i even got into the honor’s list. However, due to circumstances, I failed this (second semester) Winter 2023. The subjects that I failed are not available until next year (second semester) Winter 2024. I would need to wait for 9 months to be able to take these courses again. I cannot proceed to Third semester because the courses that i failed are prerequisite for my next semester. My question is,

1. Do i need to inform ircc about this or when i apply for my extension i can just explain it through the letter (purpose of study or client information).

2. Since the subjects that i failed are not available until next year, can i work during those 9 months?

3. Or can I even travel or go back to my country for awhile to unwind without having problems with my papers?

4. Will my status as a student permit holder be invalid?

5 What would be my status during my 9 months of wait?

please help me

navpreetotal

Jun 6, 2023
Hi! I am an international student in canada in a 2yr program. I started last Fall 2022 (1st semester) and i even got into the honor’s list. However, due to circumstances, I failed this (second semester) Winter 2023. The subjects that I failed are not available until next year (second semester) Winter 2024. I would need to wait for 9 months to be able to take these courses again. I cannot proceed to Third semester because the courses that i failed are prerequisite for my next semester. My question is,

1. Do i need to inform ircc about this or when i apply for my extension i can just explain it through the letter (purpose of study or client information).

2. Since the subjects that i failed are not available until next year, can i work during those 9 months?

3. Or can I even travel or go back to my country for awhile to unwind without having problems with my papers?

please help me
Hi, I am in the similar situation. My study permit is valid until September 30, 2023. Can I work until that time? And also did you find any solution yet or no?

philly018

Dec 16, 2023
Hi, I am in the similar situation. My study permit is valid until September 30, 2023. Can I work until that time? And also did you find any solution yet or no?
Im in this current situation right now, however my visa is still valid

I would like to know your current situation and what did you do?

Please advise

Oct 20, 2023

please help me
Option 3 ya ya ya 3. Or can I even travel or go back to my country for awhile to unwind without having problems with my papers?