+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHAT TO DO? Any advice? Help please.

Szen

Jul 9, 2013
Hi. My mother is under the live-in caregiver program. My brother (age 23 now) and I (age 25 now) are her dependents.

I gave birth last April 26, 2012. I'm not married and still a dependent of my mother and my mother added my daughter as her dependent, too. July 2012, my brother and I got our medical request and October 2012 we got our passport request, we sent our passport as instructed and we included my daughter's passport, too. Then the Canadian Immigration sent an email asking for the whereabouts of my daughter's father, a written explanation from me last November 20, 2012. The email was sent to my Mom's email not mine. But I sent the written explanation on November 28, 2012 through registered mail. That's what they indicated to do.

Until now we still don't have our passports back. Our medical results will expire this August 14, 2013. Our status in the cic site is IN PROCESS.

Please help. Why is it that we still don't have our passports w/ visa stamped? Any advice on what to do?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In order to let your baby immigrate, they will need to verify that you either have full custody or that the father approves of you immigrating with the baby. If your medicals expire, they will ask you to repeat them before issuing the visa.

Szen

Jul 9, 2013
Her father's name was not in my daughter's birth certificate since she's using my family name. In my written explanation there was an affidavit from my daughter's father included. It was stated there that his waiving his inherent custodial rights if any. And that his allowing our baby to travel and immigrate with me. The affidavit was notarized. Was that enough?