+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what to do after getting married to a canadian in canada?

elisa

Jan 6, 2007
Vancouver
Hi, i am here in Canada with a student visa, and i got married here, my student visa gets renewed every year, i don't have a PR Card, nor i am a citizen, what do i have to do and what applications i have to complete in order for me to stay in Canada with my child and my husband without getting deported and be able to get a PR Card or a Citizenship. I am also not able to work, what can i do to change that?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

elisa said:
Hi, i am here in Canada with a student visa, and i got married here, my student visa gets renewed every year, i don't have a PR Card, nor i am a citizen, what do i have to do and what applications i have to complete in order for me to stay in Canada with my child and my husband without getting deported and be able to get a PR Card or a Citizenship. I am also not able to work, what can i do to change that?
Start at www.cic.gc.ca all the forms and applications are there for your spouse to sponsor you in Canada. You will not be able to work until you recieve Approval in Principle (AIP about 8-10 months into the process)

PMM

elisa

Jan 6, 2007
Vancouver
what is the fee when sending the application to be sponsored by my spouse? can't find it anywhere, and have to see how much we have to save, to be able to do it as soon as possible.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

elisa said:
what is the fee when sending the application to be sponsored by my spouse? can't find it anywhere, and have to see how much we have to save, to be able to do it as soon as possible.
I suggest you look at the left side of the www.cic.gc.ca web site under fees.

$75., $475, & $490.

PMM