+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what should i do

ramnath

Jul 3, 2010
hello friends
i am not the new member of this forum. but the regular viewer of this site. i have got the PR under FSW. My wife was PA. she has just one year experience in her field. she has done postgraduation in business management. my qualification is just 10th but iam running my own factory in Delhi from the last 16 years. my monthly income afterv deducting all the expenses is Rs.150000.
my question is would it be a wise decision to move to canada if earning a good money over here.
will i be able to get job with 10th
or would my wife be able to get job with just one year experience.
bcoz i have two choices only either to wind up my business and move or not to move totally.
what should i do
can anybody help me in this situation

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
ramnath said:
hello friends
i am not the new member of this forum. but the regular viewer of this site. i have got the PR under FSW. My wife was PA. she has just one year experience in her field. she has done postgraduation in business management. my qualification is just 10th but iam running my own factory in Delhi from the last 16 years. my monthly income afterv deducting all the expenses is Rs.150000.
my question is would it be a wise decision to move to canada if earning a good money over here.
will i be able to get job with 10th
or would my wife be able to get job with just one year experience.
bcoz i have two choices only either to wind up my business and move or not to move totally.
what should i do
can anybody help me in this situation
Dear...what was the purpose of applying for immigration ???? to have better life and financial prospects. Better life is subject to good finances which is now a days a difficult thing to achieve and especially in new world. Keep looking for opportunities and once u c that if your confirmed savings ...not earnings only...r better than India, go for immigration otherwise it is not prudent to take the step forward without any basic preparation

Regards

yvetteyo

Jun 21, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Doc's Request.
22-07-2010
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Request
01-03-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Passport Req..
25-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2012
LANDED..........
22-05-2012
That's a tricky one!

I suppose the first think to do is assess your current life and prospects where you are.

We came to Canada 18 months ago as I was offered a position so we took the opportunity. We weren't thinking of emigrating at the time so my situation is slightly different but I can give you some information on what it will be like when you get here.

I came for a month before my husband and 2 children followed - this was a good thing. I had the time to figure out the area and the best place to get things when I wasn't working so it gave us a good head start. My family arrived at the end of December 2008, our original plan was that I would initially work and my husband do the settling so the children had somebody around and then look for work after about 9 months. He has worked full time always so it was a good chance for him to spend some time with the boys before they got so old they didn't want to!!!

It is now July 2009 and my husband has been looking for work since September last year, to date with no luck. Unfortunately about the time he started to look all the low skilled 'survival' jobs were being taken by locals who had been laid off with the GM issues and all the positions he was applying for in his skill set they wanted canadian experience. He has nearly 20 years as a technical professional at senior level in the UK, we both had very good jobs earning good money. I won't kid you, financially it has been tough, it's necessities and paying the bills but any spare money we get we really enjoy. Well that's the down side...the up side....we love it here. The people are amazing and have wonderful generosity and spirit, we enjoy the climate and the activities...we have learnt to ski, play hockey and baseball....all the Canadian musts and we have had a wonderful time. We dearly would love to stay. We are healthier and spend a lot of time doing things together as a family.

If i knew how financially tough it would have been would I do it again....absolutely.

You need to ask yourself one question.....is the money the most important thing, are you coming to earn more money...

Would I come over without a job arranged....no!

Could you or your wife try to find work from where you are? Maybe take some leave and come over for a month and see if you can find anything?...just some ideas.

I can't give you a decision but if you need any more facts about living over here I can certainly help you out, send me a PM.

Good luck with your decision making.

laxmikanthms

Dec 31, 2009
Toronto,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-07-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-02-2010
AOR Received.
June-14-2010
IELTS Request
Already Done
File Transfer...
Feb-10-2010
Med's Request
Nov-01-2010
Med's Done....
Dec-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-13-2011
LANDED..........
May-07-2010 (Before PR Approval on Workpermit)
If I were you I will not shutdown the business, instead handover it to some reliable relative/friend. Goto Canada.....look for options where you can make your business grow in Canada also....if nothing substantial is there then go back to India and continue the business or if you find better job and your wife gets a satisfying job then continue in canada and look after the business from Canada if possible.

Hope I didn't confuse you ;D

Regards,
Laxmikanth