+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What should i do with my Visa now

rizviali110

Mar 5, 2012
it has been my 5th month after receiving my Temporary work visa, they took more than one year in processing meanwhile my company hired someone else in Toronto, my trv will expire in next year march and i am wondering that i ve wasted lot of time and money, still is there any way i can utilize it, can i apply for FSW ( 2174 my category which is already filled with 233 applicants) and use it as a supporting document, but LMO was expired + Job offer is no more valid, all i have is a visa stamped over my passport.

any suggestion will be highly appreciated :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's too late to apply for FSW under NOC 2174. CIC is still working on applications from May and therefore only May applications are included in the 233 total. Those who applied in early June still have a good chance of making it before the cap. But your application will arrive far too late.

Alfpharm

Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-7-2011
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
6-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-03-2014 and DECISION MADE on 7-4 -2014
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
rizviali110 said:
it has been my 5th month after receiving my Temporary work visa, they took more than one year in processing meanwhile my company hired someone else in Toronto, my trv will expire in next year march and i am wondering that i ve wasted lot of time and money, still is there any way i can utilize it, can i apply for FSW ( 2174 my category which is already filled with 233 applicants) and use it as a supporting document, but LMO was expired + Job offer is no more valid, all i have is a visa stamped over my passport.

any suggestion will be highly appreciated :)
Please try to make something out of this.

rizviali110

Mar 5, 2012
shall i wait for the next year's cap?
do they have noc 2174 next year ?
will my 2011 lmo count as a supporting document ?

or should i quit :(

paopao

Aug 9, 2013
My question could have a silly answer but I have some curiosity to ask anyway..
"If you have a visa stamped over your passport" why don´t you simply go to Canada right now and find any job?, a survival job for example (or just doing nothing) while searching for a job in your NOC in Canada?, I mean, unless there is a (hidden) requirement to show a contract at the airport or an interview at the entry port of course, having some experience in Canada may help on a future application. You should consider asking for an expert advice on your situation and how you should proceed.
I just imagine a very unfortunate scenario for a random person whose application was accepted, everything is going well, he has landed already, he is 100 m away from the airport breathing new air on a cab and suddenly his new boss calls him to say your job has been taken by someone else, sorry.

(assuming) If I am right and you pretend to waste a perfectly valid stamped visa to work even temporary, you may want to think about all those people who have been waiting for years (some people even a decade) to get an opportunity like yours to no avail, once there you can increase your ties with Canada, contacts, friends, job opportunities, etc.
In any case you will need to ask for an expert advice before reapplying.

amirsrima

Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2013
Doc's Request.
submitted with the application
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
File Transfer...
15-08-2014
Med's Request
18-08-2014 (plus RPRF & Update Information Chart, PPR1)
Med's Done....
7-11-2014
Interview........
DM: 11-11-2014
Passport Req..
PPR2 15-11-2014 SUBMITTED: 20-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
LANDED..........
June 2015
Just land in Canada, before it is too late.
You can always find a job in time, once there.
Buddy no quick chance sounds in new criteria.
Alfpharm said:
Please try to make something out of this.

rizviali110

Mar 5, 2012
i knw many places and i am confident that i ll get my field job as soon as i land ...but i have read at cic that at the port of entry they asked for ur lmo and job offer incase of trv , i dont know what they do if offer didnt remain valid , if they asked me to go back because its a job specific visa my tickets money ll be wasted .. should i take this risk? ll they allow me to enter and search for another job .. these are some questions bothering me :/

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
I don't understand the suggestions by others that rizviali110 should just use the TRVisa to land in Canada and find a job.....is that possible???

Isn't the TRVisa rizviali110 was issued with specific to the job that the visa was issued for?

"visa stamped over my passport"....this means you are still in your home country but you have the TRVisa in your passport, you have not traveled to Canada using the TRVisa......or does it mean that you have actually used the TRVisa to travel to Canada?

I assume it means, "you are still in your home country but you have the TRVisa in your passport, you have not traveled to Canada using the TRVisa", if this is what it means I do not see how you will even be able to use the TRVisa anymore, considering that, "LMO was expired + Job offer is no more valid".

The reason I say the TRVisa is no longer valid is because, when/if you traveled to Canada on that or any TRVisa, the immigration officer is going to check that the LMO is valid and is going to ask you where and who do you intend to work for.......you would be putting yourself in a situation of lying to the immigration officer......you do not want to do that.

Note also, it's the immigration officer that will issue you the actual physical work permit document.....TRVisas do not allow you to work, TRVisas allow you to travel to Canada and present yourself to an immigration officer, the immigration who will then decide whether or not to actually issue you with a work permit......it is the work permit that allows you to work, not the visa.

Note also that the work permit document issued to you by the immigration officer will actually state the name of the company, your occupation, employment location and the "conditions" under which the work permit is being issued.

An example of a "condition" would be, "MUST LEAVE CANADA BY 25 DECEMBER 2014", "NOT AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN ANY LOCATION OTHER THAN STATED", "NOT AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN ANY OCCUPATION OTHER THAN STATED"

But lets say you were allowed to enter into Canada and you were issued with a work permit by the immigration officer, the TRVisa/WorkPermit would not be valid to work for any other company than what is stated in the LMO.

rizviali110

Mar 5, 2012
@ donut

yes exactly these are all the confusions and questions .. ok let say i dont want a work permit let me go inside and i ll find a new job they ll apply for new lmo .. but for Godsake let me go in .... is it possible :/

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
rizviali110 said:
yes exactly these are all the confusions and questions .. ok let say i dont want a work permit let me go inside and i ll find a new job they ll apply for new lmo .. but for Godsake let me go in .... is it possible :/
Understand that even IF you are let in (which is a big question mark), it will be difficult for you to find another employer willing to go through the LMO and work permit process. It costs employers $275 to apply for an LMO (non-refundable, even if the LMO is rejected). The employer has to wait a few months for the LMO to process, you to get your work permit and flagpole etc. If the processing time drags, you face the same risk as before, of them hiring someone else that can work right away.

In the meantime, you will need to support yourself without a job for at least several months in one of the most expensive cities in the country.

rizviali110

Mar 5, 2012
interesting , means i have a useless trv over my passport with no worth, assuming that ll not even contribute on my fsw application next year .... :'(

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
rizviali110 said:
interesting , means i have a useless trv over my passport with no worth, assuming that ll not even contribute on my fsw application next year .... :'(

Pretty much.

paopao

Aug 9, 2013
Well, yes, donut´s concerns are pretty legit, Canada has such high standards at any level : /, but in any case, its not the end of the world, you now know the process better than anyone, and I am quite sure you won´t hesitate to travel next time.
If you were skilled enough to get a job offer from the outside, you could do that again (can you tell us your experience, how did you do that, did you simply contact them asking for job?).
And idea: why don´t you talk with the employer who was willing to sponsor you, come down to an arrangement, an arrangement such as: Cmon, if you need my skills, and we have come down to this process so far, let us finish it. Let me pay for any new cost (LMO, etc.) for my application so you can avoid wasting any money on a foreigner and let me work when you need me, it will be good for you, good for me, good for Canada etc. Put at work your current relationship with them, much better than simply saying good bye, see ya next lifetime, don´t you think.

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
I am not a lawyer, but I think what you suggested here might actually be illegal:

".....why don´t you talk with the employer who was willing to sponsor you, come down to an arrangement, an arrangement such as: Cmon, if you need my skills, and we have come down to this process so far, let us finish it. Let me pay for any new cost (LMO, etc.) for my application so you can avoid wasting any money on a foreigner and let me work when you need me, it will be good for you, good for me, good for Canada etc....."

I don't think the TRV applicant is actually allowed to pay for or reimburse the LMO cost. The employer is required to pay the LMO cost.

paopao said:
Well, yes, donut´s concerns are pretty legit, Canada has such high standards at any level : /, but in any case, its not the end of the world, you now know the process better than anyone, and I am quite sure you won´t hesitate to travel next time.
If you were skilled enough to get a job offer from the outside, you could do that again (can you tell us your experience, how did you do that, did you simply contact them asking for job?).
And idea: why don´t you talk with the employer who was willing to sponsor you, come down to an arrangement, an arrangement such as: Cmon, if you need my skills, and we have come down to this process so far, let us finish it. Let me pay for any new cost (LMO, etc.) for my application so you can avoid wasting any money on a foreigner and let me work when you need me, it will be good for you, good for me, good for Canada etc. Put at work your current relationship with them, much better than simply saying good bye, see ya next lifetime, don´t you think.