+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What should I do before my work permit expiration in March?

Jacquelinexu

Mar 16, 2016
I feel confused about my current situation and where I am going.

Since I have already been sitting in the EE pool with CRS 435 while my work permit is about to be expired on March 11, 2018, I am not sure if I need to apply the extension of staying Canada as a visitor or just keep the current status until I receive the invitation from EE?

Look forward to hearing your suggestion!

Many thanks in advance.

Jackie

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
You can't stay in Canada after the expiry of your work permit unless:
1. you apply to change your status to a visitor/student before the expiry of your work permit..
2. you are lucky by getting an ITA and submitting both the PR and Bridging OWP applications before the expiry of your work permit.

So, I would recommend you to and have all your paperwork ready right now so that you be able to submit your PR application right away if you are lucky enough to get an ITA before the expiry of your work permit. Good Luck!

Reactions: Jacquelinexu

Jacquelinexu

Mar 16, 2016
Thank you very much for your responding.

You can't stay in Canada after the expiry of your work permit unless:
1. you apply to change your status to a visitor/student before the expiry of your work permit..
2. you are lucky by getting an ITA and submitting both the PR and Bridging OWP applications before the expiry of your work permit.

So, I would recommend you to and have all your paperwork ready right now so that you be able to submit your PR application right away if you are lucky enough to get an ITA before the expiry of your work permit. Good Luck!