+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What should I change in my application to apply again? My visa application got rejected in September 2020.

kamilhassaan

Sep 7, 2020
I applied through the SDS program.

My IELTS:-
R: 6.5
L: 7.5
W: 7.0
S: 7.5

In September 2020, my visa application got rejected. They gave the following reasons:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• plan and progression of studies
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

After my application got rejected, I immediately deferred my program.

I am from Pakistan and I have applied for an 8 months(2 semester) post-graduate certification. I have paid the fee for 1 semester. My GIC has 10,001 CAD in it. At the moment I have a plan to pay the tuition fee for my second semester and add more money in my GIC in February 2021.

How much more money should I add in my GIC? Any suggestions?

If more details are required, please feel free to ask for them.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Fees are not your only issue. Your program doesn’t make sense to officers. How does it help your career in Pakistan. How does taking a Canadian program (and spending thousands) give you a job? What program is it and what is your experience and education in? Officer doesn’t believe there is a progression of studies.

kamilhassaan

Sep 7, 2020
Fees are not your only issue. Your program doesn’t make sense to officers. How does it help your career in Pakistan. How does taking a Canadian program (and spending thousands) give you a job? What program is it and what is your experience and education in? Officer doesn’t believe there is a progression of studies.
I have bachelor's degree in computer science. I applied to a computer application security program. A program related to my field. Security engineers are needed in Pakistan

Also, when I applied for the September 2020 program, I did not have experience in my field, but now I do have experience in my field.

Last edited:

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
I have bachelor's degree in computer science. I applied to a computer application security program. A program related to my field. Security engineers are needed in Pakistan

Also, when I applied for the September 2020 program, I did not have experience in my field, but now I do have experience in my field.
Very poor reasoning. Why do you need to go all the way to Canada to do a computer application certificate course? How do you justify the expenses?

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019

In September 2020, my visa application got rejected. They gave the following reasons:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

I am from Pakistan and I have applied for an 8 months(2 semester) post-graduate certification. I have paid the fee for 1 semester. My GIC has 10,001 CAD in it. At the moment I have a plan to pay the tuition fee for my second semester and add more money in my GIC in February 2021.

A graduate certificate after a bachelors is not progression.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

You will not be a "security engineer" at the end of this college program. Officers believe you can take this program anywhere. If security engineers are needed in Pakistan then there must be a course in your country. That is what officers are wondering. A certificate is not career progression.

kwab21

Oct 3, 2020

if SDS, then 1 year tuition fee should be paid.