Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
So In Background declaration its been asked whether VISA has been refused...ofcourse i will check Yes..
Reason
Calculated my experience from a year from PGWP instead of convocation which was 2 months after PGWP issue date.

Also since my spouse need to fill this form too..i guess she will also check yes and reason will be

Principal Applicant Calculated experience from a year from PGWP instead of convocation which was 2 months after PGWP issue date.

kindly let me know if you guys think any correction is needed..i will send my application on Monday 4th November

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
iam_toby said:
Ya, sounds good to me.
Thanks toby....My last GCMS said my NOC n duties match..so I am not worried for this application..Hope current unemployment wont have any negative impact on it.
I got messages from member of this group after rejection. Thank you so much for your kind words and good wishes.

I only regret for loosing $$$k$ offer :'(...and it hurts when ur unemployed from March...I have a interview with another big company. I just hope 10 month work permit wont put
any negative impact on them....

Few question :My ecas still showing application received is that normal ?
What will be my current occupation for IMM008? I put unemployed is that ok

Thanks Guys

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
gladaki said:
I only regret for loosing 100k$ offer :'(...and it hurts when ur unemployed from March...I have a interview with another big company. I just hope 10 month work permit wont put any negative impact on them....
Imp question :My ecas still showing application received is that normal
That sucks man....and why I took a 55k job, rather than rely on wishes and hopes that app will turn out positive. Its not amazing income, but its income right. Like you though, I wish I could have taken other offers in that range or applied to other places that wanted PR only.

Agree that you both should note you were refused a visa. I would write a short paragraph on the form, and then attach an explanation letter to go with it. Include the info from GCMS...part which talks about NOC compatibility and eligibility. This way, you save them some time looking it up, and they can also see the notes about your NOC match.

ecas is bullsh*t as far as i am concerned. it completely depends on the VO to update. so if they find it tedious and do it every once in a while, then you will get updates every couple of months if lucky. dont worry about this, it will change in time.

good luck with new app and interview!

squishyface

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
Med's Request
26-11-2013
Med's Done....
23-12-2013 med's received 20-01-2014
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24-01-14
gladaki said:
Thanks toby....My last GCMS said my NOC n duties match..so I am not worried for this application..Hope current unemployment wont have any negative impact on it.
I got messages from member of this group after rejection. Thank you so much for your kind words and good wishes.

I only regret for loosing 100k$ offer :'(...and it hurts when ur unemployed from March...I have a interview with another big company. I just hope 10 month work permit wont put
any negative impact on them....

Few question :My ecas still showing application received is that normal ?
What will be my current occupation for IMM008? I put unemployed is that ok

I was in a bit similar situation as you last year. I was rejected early november last year and re- applied in january this year.
i have been on a visitor status since late february this year and have an extension approved till the late february next year.
you said you have 10 months left on your work permit. I am assuming you have quit your previous job and have been unemployed since march. is it a closed work permit or post grad wp? If it is post grad wp, no reason for you to be unemployed for that long. (Closed wp- can be a long and tricky process due to lmo issues)
I am hoping to hear back from cic whether it is a MR or a rejection this month so that i can either move on or plan accordingly.
the reason for the rejection on my application last year was due to a fraud by the lawyer i used. Long story short my heart goes out to you and i am curious as to what your plans are. I think i read from somewhere you are a u of c grad. I myself have lived in calgary for the past ten years. I am now coming to terms with the fact that i may have to close that chapter of my life here and start elsewhere from the scratch.

Thanks Guys

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
squishyface said:
I am hoping to hear back from cic whether it is a MR or a rejection this month so that i can either move on or plan accordingly.
the reason for the rejection on my application last year was due to a fraud by the lawyer i used. Long story short my heart goes out to you and i am curious as to what your plans are. I think i read from somewhere you are a u of c grad. I myself have lived in calgary for the past ten years. I am now coming to terms with the fact that i may have to close that chapter of my life here and start elsewhere from the scratch.
WOW. Thats just awful. Fraud by lawyer? :eek: I hope you reported them!!! Cant even imagine that happening. I would go ballistic....immidiate move to have them disbard and report to every single agency known to man. Anyway, hope your app works out this time!

squishyface

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
Med's Request
26-11-2013
Med's Done....
23-12-2013 med's received 20-01-2014
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24-01-14
CEC2013 said:
WOW. Thats just awful. Fraud by lawyer? :eek: I hope you reported them!!! Cant even imagine that happening. I would go ballistic....immidiate move to have them disbard and report to every single agency known to man. Anyway, hope your app works out this time!
I would not go into details of the whole incident. To sum it up, iI have done all the things I needed to do and had to do about it .
in the end, it takes an incredible amount of money and time to deal with such matters, which i did not have.
you also need to provide all kinds of things as an evidence and hope that they were sufficient enough in the eyes of authority.
i belive they are still in business.
the darkest and most stressful time of my life.
Either way, in the end, it was me that chose to trust them blindly and went all the way with them. Lesson learned painfully hard.

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
squishyface said:
I would not go into details of the whole incident. To sum it up, iI have done all the things I needed to do and had to do about it .
in the end, it takes an incredible amount of money and time to deal with such matters, which i did not have.
you also need to provide all kinds of things as an evidence and hope that they were sufficient enough in the eyes of authority.
i belive they are still in business. the darkest and most stressful time of my life.
Either way, in the end, it was me that chose to trust them blindly and went all the way with them. Lesson learned painfully hard.
I believe and was thinking about that as I was replying...imagine the evidence you need to come up with. Ugh! You know what, dont worry...karma is a B*TCH. Good for you for turning the cheek and looking ahead. Like I said, I would have pulled every single contact I have and made sure they dont practice on this continent. Nothing lower than taking advantage of someone who already has to go through something hard.

Well, I wish you the best of luck!! Hopefully all works out for you.

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
well....Job hunting takes time..summer was slow in Alberta and I am giving interviews now days...Being a Geophysicist is good but some time restrict the options...
On ur question about future plan..if I dont get some thing soon..then probably moving to USA (colarado school of mines or stanford for PhD) i was admited last year but
decided to keep working as my spouse is here doing her PhD