+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What should do After hearing and approval.

Alireza1234

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Dear friends
My son and I had hearing last week and got the approval from member in the same day. The member didn’t say anything about what would be next and what we should do. Also she didn’t say anything about when and how we will get our passport back from CIC or when she will send us our approval letter.

Any one can help us about what we should do now for Health card, PR application or any other things we should do?

Thanks for your help.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Dear friends
My son and I had hearing last week and got the approval from member in the same day. The member didn’t say anything about what would be next and what we should do. Also she didn’t say anything about when and how we will get our passport back from CIC or when she will send us our approval letter.

Any one can help us about what we should do now for Health card, PR application or any other things we should do?

Thanks for your help.
After you receive your NOD, you may apply for permanent residence and provincial medical plans. You may request your passport after your landing interview,

Alireza1234

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
After you receive your NOD, you may apply for permanent residence and provincial medical plans. You may request your passport after your landing interview,
Thank you. Do I have timeline to apply for PR for myself and my husband back home?
When And where I should go for landing interview. Never hear about that.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Thank you. Do I have timeline to apply for PR for myself and my husband back home?
When And where I should go for landing interview. Never hear about that.
There is no timeline to apply, you can apply anytime you are ready to do so. Landed interview is the last stage becoming permanent resident. On average it takes 2yrs from the day you submit your PR application. It can take less or more.

Alireza1234

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
There is no timeline to apply, you can apply anytime you are ready to do so. Landed interview is the last stage becoming permanent resident. On average it takes 2yrs from the day you submit your PR application. It can take less or more.
Thanks a lot. Then right now I should only wait to receive my approval letter from immigration and my origin passport. After receiving them go to service Ontario and canada for health card, sin no, and travel document. Right?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Thanks a lot. Then right now I should only wait to receive my approval letter from immigration and my origin passport. After receiving them go to service Ontario and canada for health card, sin no, and travel document. Right?
You should wait to receive notice of decision and then apply for the permanent residence and your health card. They will not send your passport but you can request or will give it you when you become permanent resident. However, please do not use your passport to travel anywhere, that will impact your status and Minister can apply for ceassation. Apply RTD and use it until you become a Citizen. All the best

Alireza1234

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
You should wait to receive notice of decision and then apply for the permanent residence and your health card. They will not send your passport but you can request or will give it you when you become permanent resident. However, please do not use your passport to travel anywhere, that will impact your status and Minister can apply for ceassation. Apply RTD and use it until you become a Citizen. All the best
Thank you. Do you know if I need my origin passport back to apply for RTD or I can apply for it when I will have my NOD.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your husband will be contacted for PR landing a few months after after you and your child have received PR. The process will take 2+ years. There is no need to get your passports back. Only apply for an RTD if you need to travel.