+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What should be my country of education if my degree is issued from a different country?

k1234

Sep 3, 2020
I understand, this question was asked before, but doesn't have any answer. Does anyone know anything about this?

I have completed my Bachelor's from Birla Institute of Technology, Dubai Campus, UAE. Transcripts were sent directly by the parent university in India and in ECA country is mentioned as India. WES mentions the country of eduction as the country from which transcript is issued. I would like to know what country to mention in my Education History section and in my Personal History Section for the post-ITA application process? The thing is I have lived and studied in Dubai, UAE for 4 years but degree is issued from India.

Can anyone please guide me on this? Thank you

Reactions: KD1234

k1234

Sep 3, 2020
The ECA says India.

Why wouldn’t you mention India as the country?
Because then in my Personal History Section I have to mention all the activities that I did in the past 10 years which includes this 4 year bachelor's degree that took place in UAE. Also, my passport has UAE visa stamped on it for those years - so won't it create a discrepancy then?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Because then in my Personal History Section I have to mention all the activities that I did in the past 10 years which includes this 4 year bachelor's degree that took place in UAE. Also, my passport has UAE visa stamped on it for those years - so won't it create a discrepancy then?
No, because you earned your bachelor degree in the UAE campus.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You mean my Personal History should have UAE as the country and in Education History the country should be India?
I am only saying that it would not create discrepancy because the 4 years in question is the period you earn your bachelor degree in the UAE campus of an Indian university. Your passport has UAE stamped on it for those years.

Aug 13, 2020
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
18-10-2019
I understand, this question was asked before, but doesn't have any answer. Does anyone know anything about this?

I have completed my Bachelor's from Birla Institute of Technology, Dubai Campus, UAE. Transcripts were sent directly by the parent university in India and in ECA country is mentioned as India. WES mentions the country of eduction as the country from which transcript is issued. I would like to know what country to mention in my Education History section and in my Personal History Section for the post-ITA application process? The thing is I have lived and studied in Dubai, UAE for 4 years but degree is issued from India.

Can anyone please guide me on this? Thank you
I completed my PG from a Singapore campus of a university based in UK. ECA mentions country as UK.
I did not mention UK anywhere in the Education or Personal History sections of my Express Entry profile. Only Singapore.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: k1234

k1234

Sep 3, 2020
I am only saying that it would not create discrepancy because the 4 years in question is the period you earn your bachelor degree in the UAE campus of an Indian university. Your passport has UAE stamped on it for those years.
Oh okay. Thanks

k1234

Sep 3, 2020
I completed my PG from a Singapore campus of a university based in UK. ECA mentions country as UK.
I did not mention UK anywhere in the Education or Personal History sections of my Express Entry profile. Only Singapore.
Hope this helps.
Hey, thanks...So did they ask for any supporting documents later for your application? Or did they approve?

KD1234

Apr 9, 2021
Hi k1234 ! I also studied in BITS Dubai and was confused regarding the countries to be mentioned in ECA and ITA. Could you please advise if the below worked for you -
ECA - Country of Education - India
Express Entry - Country History - UAE

I would really be grateful if you could please help.