+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What shoud I do?

umairzulfi

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
Hi guys,

I came in Canada as a student. I have recently graduated and applied for Post Graduate Work Permit, hopefully will get it in December. The thing is I have got a full time permanent job offer.

So my confusion is that should I apply right away for PR or do I have to wait for one year?

Basically,

I can apply for PR if I have = 2 years education + Job offer

OR

I can apply for PR if I have = 2 years education + 1 year work experience

Thanks Everybody

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
umairzulfi said:
Hi guys,

I came in Canada as a student. I have recently graduated and applied for Post Graduate Work Permit, hopefully will get it in December. The thing is I have got a full time permanent job offer.

So my confusion is that should I apply right away for PR or do I have to wait for one year?

Basically,

OR

Thanks Everybody
Option 2. You need to have at least 1 year work experience to be eligible. Do you have a minimum of one year foreign work experience?

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
umairzulfi said:
Hi guys,

Basically,

OR

Thanks Everybody
To be eligible for CEC you need a minimum of 12 months of work experience in Canada. If you have work experience outside Canada, you may be eligible for FSW.
More information on CEC here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

umairzulfi

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
Thank you guys, I don't have any prior work experience. But I did work as a co-op student for one year in Canada and I know it did not count towards PR.

Baljas

Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-02-2016 pcc required for both applicant and spouse
AOR Received.
19-01-2016
IELTS Request
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
27-01-2016 (passed) BG check in progress 27-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
No . Experience gained in co up will not count for your cec eligibility . U have to work for one year to be eligible to apply for PR. It's not going to be a piece of cake buddy. Your Canadian education and work exp means nothing to Canada . When u ll create your express entry profile next year with one year exp and two years of education you will be no closer even 400 score. Your best bet is to get Lima if u really want to stay in Canada or be ready to pack your bags like most of the international students with PGWP. Just so u know I am also a graduate in Canada.