+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what route to choose between Tech draw -Notification of Interest and ITA?

robby_812

Jun 11, 2020
I got a Notification of Interest from Ontario on 13th May under the tech draw scheme and on the 28th of May , I got an ITA for the PR. I am currently on a Close work permit in Canada for the last 3 years and my work permit is getting renewed by my employer. I have claimed 50 points for the job offer in the express entry profile. I have couple of questions

1) Which route is the safest to take for PR considering the current scenario of COVID-19 and also the employer may not give a letter assuring the job 1-year post PR?
2) Can I apply to Ontario for nomination and can wait till the approval of the nomination to get 600 points and then get these 600 points in the already issued ITA or do I need to reject the current ITA and claim 600 points in the profile and get the ITA again afterward?
3) If I follow the PNP route and get 600 points, will the 50 points I claimed will be checked, and unfortunately the documentation doesn't suffice the claim for 50 points will that 600 points rescue me?

vijaykrishnagv

Apr 11, 2022
I got a Notification of Interest from Ontario on 13th May under the tech draw scheme and on the 28th of May , I got an ITA for the PR. I am currently on a Close work permit in Canada for the last 3 years and my work permit is getting renewed by my employer. I have claimed 50 points for the job offer in the express entry profile. I have couple of questions

1) Which route is the safest to take for PR considering the current scenario of COVID-19 and also the employer may not give a letter assuring the job 1-year post PR?
2) Can I apply to Ontario for nomination and can wait till the approval of the nomination to get 600 points and then get these 600 points in the already issued ITA or do I need to reject the current ITA and claim 600 points in the profile and get the ITA again afterward?
3) If I follow the PNP route and get 600 points, will the 50 points I claimed will be checked, and unfortunately the documentation doesn't suffice the claim for 50 points will that 600 points rescue me?
Hi Robby, I am in the exact same situation as you. Could you please help me with the steps that you took?