+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What really has happened to Ontario PNP PR applicatios?

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
nijjar.login said:
It is not one. This is the reason. OPNP was under audit and I am not sure if our files are currently under the QA or not but def. it is one of the following reasons:

1). CIC is still waiting on OPNP to conduct QA on all the files that havn`t been QA`d upto now and will process the files once they get a green signal from OPNP OR
2). QA is over now and was done randomly on some candidates and those who didn`t get the QA call are just waiting in the pile. We should consider the fact that some people have been saying that the QA is now over and also the Auditor General`s report says the same OR
3). Nobody will be believe this but it is also possible that the files chosen for QA are to be selected and the rest will be rejected given the delay for AORs. However, as it stands now there is very little chance that this is possible, reason being, the delay is uniform throughout all PNP candidates and I have consulted many lawyers and they say ots not possible that they will reject our application without any reason and also there hasn`t been any indication like that recently. Another fact is that no file has been returned until now.

So, guys lets stay positive and pray.
Lets not speculate. All files will be processed. They are not rejecting your application unless you have fraudulent info. The QA process has slowed down Ontario PNP. People who had QA call are getting some updates. People without QA will probably get some updates in the coming weeks/months. I did not get a call and from my GCMS notes, there is a section saying "nomination accepted". I am assuming most people would be in that pile and is on queue somewhere. It is a matter of time before someone finally gets to it. I suspect we will still get ours PR process complete within the 17 months specified on CIC website(I am on month 9 now without AOR). Just because some people get theirs in 5-8 months doesnt mean everyone will. There is a reason the average is 17 months.

stuapp

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 14, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 24, 2015
AOR Received.
Mar 9, 2015
Med's Request
May 8, 2015
Med's Done....
May 20, 2015
Interview........
RPRF Req.: May 18, 2015
_MK_ said:
Lets not speculate. All files will be processed. They are not rejecting your application unless you have fraudulent info. The QA process has slowed down Ontario PNP. People who had QA call are getting some updates. People without QA will probably get some updates in the coming weeks/months. I did not get a call and from my GCMS notes, there is a section saying "nomination accepted". I am assuming most people would be in that pile and is on queue somewhere. It is a matter of time before someone finally gets to it. I suspect we will still get ours PR process complete within the 17 months specified on CIC website(I am on month 9 now without AOR). Just because some people get theirs in 5-8 months doesnt mean everyone will. There is a reason the average is 17 months.
Hi MK,

where or how can I get my GCMS notes? I applied in August under OPNP and haven't received AOR yet. I just received confirmation( response to my email) from Ottawa office that they have received my application.

Here is my timeline:

PNP Type: OPNP
Date Submitted: Aug 14, 2014
Any Receiving Confirmation (Date/Who): Ottawa
Application Fee Processed (Date/Credit): Not Yet
QA Call: No
AOR (date): No
Medical Requ (date): No
--
Job offer on file (Y/N): Y
Dependent (#): 1
Any additional comment:

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
stuapp said:
Hi MK,

where or how can I get my GCMS notes? I applied in August under OPNP and haven't received AOR yet. I just received confirmation( response to my email) from Ottawa office that they have received my application.

Here is my timeline:

PNP Type: OPNP
Date Submitted: Aug 14, 2014
Any Receiving Confirmation (Date/Who): Ottawa
Application Fee Processed (Date/Credit): Not Yet
--
Job offer on file (Y/N): Y
Dependent (#): 1
Any additional comment:
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

Select access to information act for CIC. It will for file number. I just put my uci there since i dont have my file no.
It worked for me. Costs $5. Takes at least a month for them to get back to you. YMMV

nijjar.login

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
_MK_ said:
I am not saying files have been rejected. I am just saying there is a little possibility but hope that is not the case.

Sanosun

Jun 4, 2014
liisa227 said:
I'm not sure if this is relevant information, but I came across something rather interesting..

I found this CIC manual: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op07b-eng.pdf

In section 7.3. it says: "When an individual is nominated by a province for selection in the provincial nominee class, the province sends the certificate of nomination directly to the visa office."

In section 7.6. it says: "When a visa office receives a certificate of nomination under the provincial nominee class, the officer should proceed to issue medical instructions and and carry out normal security screening procedures as soon as possible, provided complete application has been received."

So a visa office will not do anything to an incoming PR application, until it has received the certificate from the nominating province.

This leads me to think that OPNP hasn't been sending the certificates to Sydney/Ottawa, because the QA procedure that was carried out last year showed that there were lots of issues with people who had gained PR through OPNP in the past (mainly misrepresentation, incompetent OPNP staff, downright corruption; audit final report here: http://www.auditor.on.ca/en/reports_en/en14/309en14.pdf).

The audit was carried out between February and August 2014 (which would fit with the timeline of applicants whose files are not moving, namely May-September, since Feb-Mar-Apr applicant would've already gotten their AORs and MERs by the time initial information from the QA started trickling in) and the final report was released in December.

So CIC won't start acknowledging and processing PR files from last year until the OPNP office has quadruple-checked all the provincial nominees and become truly satisfied that the certificates upon which the files are based were rightly issued. They've probably been examining the credentials and employers etc of the applicants a lot more rigorously, hence all the QA calls and additional document requests that were put out throughout last year.

I don't have an official confirmation or source for these thoughts, but it seems fairly clear to me that the delay is at the OPNP end of the line, and not CIC. Hence CIC would not be able to give any solid answers to email/phone queries.
This assumption explains the situation very well. Thanks

Sanosun

Jun 4, 2014
_MK_ said:
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

Select access to information act for CIC. It will for file number. I just put my uci there since i dont have my file no.
It worked for me. Costs $5. Takes at least a month for them to get back to you. YMMV
Thanks

Sanosun

Jun 4, 2014
tap88 said:
Please make this topic for only ON-PNP...there are lots of diff topics for each month.. it's better to connect only ontario applicant..
if you don't mind..we can connect here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/onpnp-applicant-submitted-file-for-pr-lets-get-together-here-t271250.0.html
Sure, I'll update my status there. Thanks

Randy.Orton

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So folks, any update on AOR for the people w/o QA call? Anyone recently got any good news?

rdbr

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2014
Nomination.....
**-07-2014
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
11-05-2015
Passport Req..
26-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
09-06-2015
Still waiting for an AOR. (Application delivered: Aug 11th, 2014) A friend who applied 3 months prior than me got his PR a week ago. Happy for him, but such a horrible feeling for us.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
rdbr said:
Still waiting for an AOR. (Application delivered: Aug 11th, 2014) A friend who applied 3 months prior than me got his PR a week ago. Happy for him, but such a horrible feeling for us.
Good for your friend but I applied in may and still no file number. WP to expire in 2.5 months. Not sure what to do other than beinf frustrated.

kambohs

Sep 12, 2014
Here is my my timeline friends:

PNP Type: Ontario - Graduate Master Streams
Date Submitted: Nov 24th, 2014
Any Receiving Confirmation (Date/Who): No
Application Fee Processed (Date/Credit): Online Credit Card Payment (No fee deducted yet!!!!!)
--
Job offer on file (Y/N): No
Dependent (#): 0

Any additional comment:
Few days ago I called CIC and the representative told me (after putting me on hold and confirming from her supervisor) that OPNP is on hold for some reason.

Just stay positive guys, there are not going to reject our applications without any reason, so we will get out file processed soon. Good luck everyone...

nijjar.login

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
kambohs said:
Here is my my timeline friends:

PNP Type: Ontario - Graduate Master Streams
Date Submitted: Nov 24th, 2014
Any Receiving Confirmation (Date/Who): No
Application Fee Processed (Date/Credit): Online Credit Card Payment (No fee deducted yet!!!!!)
--
Job offer on file (Y/N): No
Dependent (#): 0

Any additional comment:
Few days ago I called CIC and the representative told me (after putting me on hold and confirming from her supervisor) that OPNP is on hold for some reason.

Just stay positive guys, there are not going to reject our applications without any reason, so we will get out file processed soon. Good luck everyone...
We also hope the same...

ROCKY_JUNIOR

Star Member
Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 22, 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 27 2016
Nomination.....
May 28, 2015
AOR Received.
Aug 28, 2015
Med's Request
APRIL 29, 2016
Med's Done....
MAY 9, 2016
Passport Req..
JUNE 17TH, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 6TH, 2016
LANDED..........
JULY 8TH, 2016 .......
Stealth Assasin said:
I applied in mid August. No AOR yet - waiting. Contact CIC, by email or phone and tell them. They are slow, but they can at least acknowledge the receipt of the application within "weeks".
Well, Right now they processing files from june -july 2014 as few of my friends get CIC file number in jan 2015 last week(Jan 28/2015,29th/2015) ,after that they get AOR request within feb 4th .I think you guys are almost close too,just little more wait even i know its hard to show patience for such a long time.
Anyways Good luck to all of you Guys for further processing steps on your files. 8) 8)

Randy.Orton

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Peeps with NO QA, NO AOR

Any news guys? Few of my friends, without the QA call, have received the AoR lately. Moreover, does a dependent delays the processing of the file as-well?