+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What proof of relationship documents are required to claim 15 points for Siblings

parihar88

Jul 19, 2017
Hi , I had received a rejection for my Canada PR file last month because I had shared India PCC from local police station in Punjab(India) and had not shared from other state(Haryana, India) where I was working.

Now, I have again received the invitation to apply and this time I'm claiming additional 15 points for my brother who is a PR in Canada. Can someone please suggest what all documents I need to submit as a proof of relationship?

There is one issue that in my passport my parents name doesn't include surname but in my brothers passport the surname is included in parents name .How can I make sure that this doesn't affect my case ?

Please provide your valuable suggestions

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep

romrumrira

Champion Member
Jan 9, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hi , I had received a rejection for my Canada PR file last month because I had shared India PCC from local police station in Punjab(India) and had not shared from other state(Haryana, India) where I was working.

Now, I have again received the invitation to apply and this time I'm claiming additional 15 points for my brother who is a PR in Canada. Can someone please suggest what all documents I need to submit as a proof of relationship?

There is one issue that in my passport my parents name doesn't include surname but in my brothers passport the surname is included in parents name .How can I make sure that this doesn't affect my case ?

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep
Any paper that can show you and your brother have the same parents. A birth certificate of both will work. And if you have the surname problems, try to explain it in detail in your Letter of Explanation.
Also, provide them your brother's utility bills, health card, pr card...the more the better.
* remember to scan the back and front for some docs

from CIC web:
  • A copy of both sides of the family member's Canadian citizenship document, Canadian birth certificate and/or permanent resident card must be provided.
  • Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.).
    • The documents must show their address in Canada and should be recent (dated within six months prior to submission).

Green Stone

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep
It is better to renew your passport with your parent's sir name . It is lengthy process but 100% workable .

avijeet.singh

Jun 22, 2017
It is better to renew your passport with your parent's sir name . It is lengthy process but 100% workable .
Hi my sister holds a PR but she stays with her husband so all the bills and documents are on his name. How do I show that she resides there in this case? Please advise

Green Stone

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Hi my sister holds a PR but she stays with her husband so all the bills and documents are on his name. How do I show that she resides there in this case? Please advise
You both have birth certificate where Parents name mentioned ?
or you have Indian rationcard where all family members name mentioned with Family photo .
you can also use her indian voter card if your parent's name mentioned on it .

avijeet.singh

Jun 22, 2017
You both have birth certificate where Parents name mentioned ?
or you have Indian rationcard where all family members name mentioned with Family photo .
you can also use her indian voter card if your parent's name mentioned on it .
hi showing proof of relation is not a problem.
i am having trouble with gathering proof of her residing in canada

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
Guys to claim these 15pts the the brother must be a resident in canada with an address and all? PR card is not enough?

moonarch

Oct 31, 2015

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep
birth certificate of u and ur brother..

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Guys to claim these 15pts the the brother must be a resident in canada with an address and all? PR card is not enough?
Your brother must be physically resident in Canada for you to claim the 15 points and you will need to upload documentation in your application to prove that he is physically residing in Canada (rental agreement, utility bills, bank statements, etc.)

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
Your brother must be physically resident in Canada for you to claim the 15 points and you will need to upload documentation in your application to prove that he is physically residing in Canada (rental agreement, utility bills, bank statements, etc.)
Oh I thought PR card was enough. Thanks anyway mate.

Mitchyzinc

Dec 23, 2016
UAE
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Hello Everyone,

I will be landing for good in October and here's my question:

Can my siblings claim points the moment I landed in Canada?

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hello Everyone,

I will be landing for good in October and here's my question:

Can my siblings claim points the moment I landed in Canada?
Maybe not "the moment you land", unless you have everything sorted out...

To elaborate...for your sibling to claim points they need to show proof, in their eAPR, of your PR status (generally recommended to be your PR Card - don't know if you have this yet), proof of your relationship (usually both your birth certificates showing shared parent names), and proof that you're living in Canada (usually rental agreements, utility bills and bank statements with your permanent Canadian address on them)... most people are highly unlikely to be able to provide all of these documents for their sibling's application "the moment they land", especially the proof of physical residency documents.

BUT if you have these documents already sorted out (or will by the time your sibling needs to submit his/her eAPR) then it should be fine to move ahead and have him/her claim the points.

honeyk3g

Aug 10, 2017
HI Everyone

I got an ITA but facing issue for clamming 15 points for my brother.
- My bother having SURNAME in his passport and I don't have
I can provide birth certificate/ Passport for both in which Parents name is same,
Passport / Birth certificate could work ?

- My brother don't have utility bill or lease contract as he is living with his friends
In absence of utility bill , Bank statement , mobile bills , Salary slip , Car Insurance documents can be used ?

Thanks in advance

Honey