+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHAT PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP??? Documents after ITA

asdf-1234+

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Document: Proof of Relationship

You must provide proof of your relationship with your host or family member. This can include:

a marriage certificate
Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM5409)
a birth certificate
an official document naming you as a parent
a copy of the inside back cover of the inviter’s passport showing the inviter’s parents, if applicable

My profile says I need to include this. I am applying for PR myself and I have no dependants. I do not understand what I should include for this part. I listed my aunt as a relative that is in Canada that has a PR already. But she isn't my sponsor or whatever. And, a week ago, this wasn't required, and now suddenly they require this from me!????! Any ideas would be helpful please and thanks!

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asdf-1234+ said:
Document: Proof of Relationship

You must provide proof of your relationship with your host or family member. This can include:

a marriage certificate
Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM5409)
a birth certificate
an official document naming you as a parent
a copy of the inside back cover of the inviter's passport showing the inviter's parents, if applicable

My profile says I need to include this. I am applying for PR myself and I have no dependants. I do not understand what I should include for this part. I listed my aunt as a relative that is in Canada that has a PR already. But she isn't my sponsor or whatever. And, a week ago, this wasn't required, and now suddenly they require this from me!????! Any ideas would be helpful please and thanks!
If you got an FSW invitation, you got points for your relationship with your aunt. Perhaps you need those points to have more than 67? Anyway, what you would need is proof, basically, that your mother/father and your aunt have the same parents. Your birth certificate lists your mother's name, and probably her name at birth. Get her birth certificate, showing her parents' names. Then get your aunt's birth certificate, showing the same parents. Can you do that? If she is your father's sister, do the same with your father's birth certificate.

If she is your aunt because she married your mother's or father's brother, you can't claim her as a relative. Go back and take her off your PR application, and the requirement for birth certificates will disappear. Also, if you are absolutely sure you have 67 FSW points without the points she gives you and you don't want the hassle of collecting birth certificates, you can also go back and take her off your application and, again, the requirement will disappear.

asdf-1234+

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
dobes said:
If you got an FSW invitation, you got points for your relationship with your aunt. Perhaps you need those points to have more than 67? Anyway, what you would need is proof, basically, that your mother/father and your aunt have the same parents. Your birth certificate lists your mother's name, and probably her name at birth. Get her birth certificate, showing her parents' names. Then get your aunt's birth certificate, showing the same parents. Can you do that? If she is your father's sister, do the same with your father's birth certificate.

If she is your aunt because she married your mother's or father's brother, you can't claim her as a relative. Go back and take her off your PR application, and the requirement for birth certificates will disappear. Also, if you are absolutely sure you have 67 FSW points without the points she gives you and you don't want the hassle of collecting birth certificates, you can also go back and take her off your application and, again, the requirement will disappear.
thanks, i took her out and instantly the requirement disappeared. it also asked for her PR scanned back and forth.. i'm like why is this even valid since she isn't sponsoring me or whatever. but yeah, i am not including her. i didnt have this requirement a week ago after i got my ITA. i checked again last night and they have new requirements.

Tudorito

Sep 17, 2016
PLEASE let me know if it worked out for you after you deleted your aunt from your application and submitted it without the proof of relationship. I am in the EXACT same situation now, as you were when you posted this. Getting birth certificates from my mother and from my aunt plus the legalized translations would complicate things very much, and I would rather not do it if it worked for you. Pleeeeease, I really hope you see this after so much time...

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tudorito said:
PLEASE let me know if it worked out for you after you deleted your aunt from your application and submitted it without the proof of relationship. I am in the EXACT same situation now, as you were when you posted this. Getting birth certificates from my mother and from my aunt plus the legalized translations would complicate things very much, and I would rather not do it if it worked for you. Pleeeeease, I really hope you see this after so much time...
It'll definitely work provided you continue being eligible for FSW without those 5 points that add to your FSW score on account of having a relative in Canada.

Tudorito

Sep 17, 2016
Asivad Anac said:
It'll definitely work provided you continue being eligible for FSW without those 5 points that add to your FSW score on account of having a relative in Canada.
Thank you very much! My ITA has been issued under CEC, not FSW. I don't think I got any points for my relationship with my aunt in the first place, so I assume in this case it matter even less if I remove her from my application, right? Thank you again!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tudorito said:
Thank you very much! My ITA has been issued under CEC, not FSW. I don't think I got any points for my relationship with my aunt in the first place, so I assume in this case it matter even less if I remove her from my application, right? Thank you again!
Yes.

mshergill

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Hi everyone,

I am in the same situation. My sister is PR in Canada and I am applying under CEC.
I can't remove my sister's details from my application. Please suggest me what documents can I use as a proof of relationship.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"Document requirements

This documentation is required if the applicant indicates that they, or their spouse or common-law partner, have a family member in Canada who is a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen.
A copy of both sides of the family member's Canadian citizenship document, Canadian birth certificate and/or permanent resident card must be provided.

Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.).
The documents should be up to date as of six months prior to submission.

Proof of the relationship of the applicant or the spouse or common-law partner to the family member must also be provided (e.g., a birth certificate, an official document naming the applicant as a parent, a copy of the inside back cover of the relative’s passport showing the relative’s parents)."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mshergill said:
Hi everyone,

I am in the same situation. My sister is PR in Canada and I am applying under CEC.
I can't remove my sister's details from my application. Please suggest me what documents can I use as a proof of relationship.
If you're applying under CEC, your sister being a Canadian PR makes no difference to this application. Whether you submit those documents or not is irrelevant to this application.

mshergill

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
If you're applying under CEC, your sister being a Canadian PR makes no difference to this application. Whether you submit those documents or not is irrelevant to this application.
Thank you Asivad Anac.
I am not getting any additional marks for my relative.

Is OK to remove my sister from my profile?

rsanand1947

Nov 13, 2017
Hi
I have received ITA and had disclosed my aunt earlier in the application but did not got any points advantage, if now I remove proof of relationship and I submit for further processing, do the CIC question reason for removal? I do not want to go into mess of collecting additional documents for which I will not gain anything. Do I need to write in LOE and if yes, what should I write, I am a EE FSW category candidate?

Thanks

Last edited:

Jas471

Oct 17, 2018
Hey Tudorito,
Did everything went well when you removed your relative?i am in the same situation.