+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What PNP options do I have?

epiphany99

Nov 1, 2019
Hello everyone,

I hope some of you forum veterans can throw some light on my situation and offer some advice. I just submitted my application for Express entry FSW. I'm 40 years old, my CRS score at the moment is 429, though I'm expecting to increase it by improving my IELTS score from current CLB 8 to 9 (results due next week, hopefully to something in the 440's). My NOC is 2173, and I have about 14 years experience in the industry as a software engineer in the United States where I'm currently employed. I understand that I don't exactly stand a good chance in the Express entry FSW, and PNP looks like a possible pathway to get invited. I do not have any job offer from Canada at the moment. I do have 18 months of work experience in Canada (2010-2012), which was part of an intra company transfer from the US company and I was on a work permit. My wife is part of my current application.

I have selected to accept an invitation for nomination from 'All provinces and territories' in my express entry form. As this appears to be a passive process where in I just wait for a province to send me an NOI, I was wondering if I could do something more proactive, like applying directly to one of these provinces. I'm willing to move to any province, though Ontario would be my most preferred option as my sister resides there as a Canadian citizen.

Can someone advice which provinces I could potentially apply to directly, given my situation? Thanks in advance.