+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What permit is needed to work from home in Canada?

PTbuio

Jun 8, 2019
Hi, i'm a Dane looking to move to Canada, either being sponsored by my Canadian husband, or on a work visa.
If I were to work from home, for instance as a search engine optimiser for a non-Canadian employer, a Twitch or YouTube streamer etc. what kind of visa would that require, if any?
What about working as a private language tutor (I am trained and qualified)?

If anyone knows the answers or can direct me to a site that covers this in proper detail I'd appreciate it.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi, i'm a Dane looking to move to Canada, either being sponsored by my Canadian husband, or on a work visa.
If I were to work from home, for instance as a search engine optimiser for a non-Canadian employer, a Twitch or YouTube streamer etc. what kind of visa would that require, if any?
What about working as a private language tutor (I am trained and qualified)?

If anyone knows the answers or can direct me to a site that covers this in proper detail I'd appreciate it.
If you are impacting the Canadian labour market in any way whatsoever, you will need to obtain an Open Work Permit.
A "private language tutor" would be an excellent example of this. You would be taking potential employment from a Canadian tutor.

Open Work Permits are only available for very specific applicants.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=177&top=17