+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What orgnization in Toronto can give valuable help to new arrived refugee claimant?

marylady

Feb 16, 2021
I have contact some organization in Toronto, but they make me feel so disappointing. It seems that there is nobody who are committed to help people like us.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Social services agencies always face more demand than help they can provide. This is not unlike most other countries. With covid there is increased demand on all these services plus other services like healthcare. It’s unclear what you are expecting or trying to find. Applying for asylum primarily involves the person to be very strong and to be persistent trying to establish a life in Canada. You are in a fortunate position where you speak English.

marylady

Feb 16, 2021
I am expecting an organization who can assist me to settle down, including helping me to get social service, and provide temporary accommodation, until I can have a stable life.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am expecting an organization who can assist me to settle down, including helping me to get social service, and provide temporary accommodation, until I can have a stable life.
Where are you living right now? Which city? If we know the city, we might be able to suggest an organization.

In terms of temporary accommodations, if you arrive and claim refugee status and then need somewhere to stay, you would be sent to one of the refugee shelters in that city.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Reactions: Naturgrl

marylady

Feb 16, 2021
Thanks for your reply. I am aiming to arrive in Toronto. But I am still sacred. I am scared of my family members. I am afraid they will trace me down to Canada and continue to hurt me. How should I protect myself from them? As long as I am alive, they will never let me go. They treat me as their personal asset.
And about the pandemic, is it possible that Canada will open the border to visitors with vaccine in July?

marylady

Feb 16, 2021
I am a poor woman with little money, suffering from serious depression, abused by my own family members for long time, Life is in danger.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Are you even in Canada?
Thanks for your reply. I am aiming to arrive in Toronto. But I am still sacred. I am scared of my family members. I am afraid they will trace me down to Canada and continue to hurt me. How should I protect myself from them? As long as I am alive, they will never let me go. They treat me as their personal asset.
And about the pandemic, is it possible that Canada will open the border to visitors with vaccine in July?
I am so sorry for your situation. Do you have a visitor visa? Right now you can’t enter Canada and wouldn’t expect the border will be open for visitors in July unless you have written authorization to travel (family in Canada). When you come to Canada, and claim refugee status you will be directed to a local shelter if you don’t have money to pay for your own accommodations. From there you can access various services through resettlement organizations. Make sure you have all the evidence to claim refugee status.

If your family doesn’t have travel visas to Canada, they can’t reach you.

https://settlement.org/findhelp/ontario/toronto/

marylady

Feb 16, 2021
yes, I have a visitor visa but I don't have any families in Canada, so it is impossible for me to get an authrorization letter. What shall I do if I want to and have to leave? I am in Asia.

marylady

Feb 16, 2021
Are you even in Canada?

I am so sorry for your situation. Do you have a visitor visa? Right now you can’t enter Canada and wouldn’t expect the border will be open for visitors in July unless you have written authorization to travel (family in Canada). When you come to Canada, and claim refugee status you will be directed to a local shelter if you don’t have money to pay for your own accommodations. From there you can access various services through resettlement organizations. Make sure you have all the evidence to claim refugee status.

If your family doesn’t have travel visas to Canada, they can’t reach you.

https://settlement.org/findhelp/ontario/toronto/
Are you suggesting that Canada will not open border to foreigners with visitor visa in the near future? I thought the vaccinated person may be able to travel in July...

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
yes, I have a visitor visa but I don't have any families in Canada, so it is impossible for me to get an authrorization letter. What shall I do if I want to and have to leave? I am in Asia.
You need to wait until Canadian borders open up to non-essential travel like tourism. When that happens is anyone’s guess. Maybe fall or early 2022. If you need to leave flee, go to another country where you can travel to.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Are you suggesting that Canada will not open border to foreigners with visitor visa in the near future? I thought the vaccinated person may be able to travel in July...
People can travel if they have a work or study permit. Fully Vaccinated Canadians and PRs can travel back to Canada starting in July without mandatory quarantine. This doesn’t apply to those entering on a visitor visa.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unfortunately this is only going to apply to Canadian citizens and PRs. It's likely going to be at least several months longer before the border opens to vaccinated international travelers (we don't have a date for that as of now). Make sure that you have taken or get one of the vaccines that is recognized / authorized by Canada. Not all are.