+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What options do I have?

tommy503

Jun 25, 2016
Hello,

I'm looking for some guidance regarding options of residency in Canada.

Some important information about my situation:

• I am 27y old, from Sweden.
  • I obtained a student visa in 2014 and completed a 3-year program which provided me with an advanced diploma in Business Administration from a college in Ontario
  • I obtained a working visa for 3-years that is due Nov 2019.
  • I applied for PR under common-law sponsorship in 2018, however the relationship ended recently.
  • I hold a position as Junior Accountant at a small company
  • I currenly reside in Vancouver, British Columbia.
What routes for continuing my life in Canada are available for me?
Express Entry?
Work-and-holiday?
Workplace sponsorship somehow?

With the limited time left on my work permit (5 months), would any of these options allow me to continue my employment?

I'd much appreciate your help to point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Tom

mau123

Nov 16, 2018
Hello,

• I obtained a student visa in 2014 and completed a 3-year program which provided me with an advanced diploma in Business Administration from a college in Ontario
  • I applied for PR under common-law sponsorship in 2018, however the relationship ended recently.
Express Entry?
Work-and-holiday?

With the limited time left on my work permit (5 months), would any of these options allow me to continue my employment?

Thanks,
Tom
Easily apply for Express Entry, with Canadian education, being 27 years old, etc. You should get an invitation to apply. Once you apply, you will be able to apply for bridging work permit and continue working while you wait for PR decision. As a single, young, skilled and educated in Canada, you have VERY big chances in obtaining PR. Start working on your express entry profile now, gather work experience letter, etc. You should be fine.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hello,

Express Entry?
Work-and-holiday?

Thanks,
Tom
Use this tool - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool-immigration-express-entry.html

Express Entry seems the obvious choice.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

Express Entry?
Work-and-holiday?

Thanks,
Tom
Express Entry is the fastest / easiest provided you have enough points to be selected. Based on your profile, it's diffiutl to say if you will have enough points. You're looking to have 450+ plus. There are a number of prep activities you'll need to complete before applying including taking an English langauge test. I would stat on that asap as you have extremely little time. Hard to say at this point if this option will allow you to continue working. All depends on how many points you have and how quickly you can put together everything you need to create a profile.

Another working holiday visa isn't an option if you are living in Canada. You would need to return to Sweden and live there again for a bit before applying again. You would also have to apply to a different category (i.e. Young Professionals or Co-op).